Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with a computer problem please..........

How in the world did this get on the personals forum??? lol! I thought I posted it on the Open Forum. Maybe it would get more hits if it were moved? Alan......can you do that?
    I've talked with the tech again and she said she reset the account and told me the password to use, but alas.......I still can't get in. That site is a major source of info for me.......chickens/gardening/plumbing/cooking/HVAC/home repairs, etc. So I wish I could get in!
    If I changed my username, would that help? DH and my computer expert DS worked on it quite awhile last night, but to no avail.

Cathy, the thread has been moved per your request.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks Alan! Just didn't seem quite right, to be on the personals forums. haha ........."Looking for someone who enjoys long walks on the beach in the moonlight and drinking wine by a roaring fire......and is a super computer geek to help me fix various problems." haha
    Last edited by CathyA; 6-5-12 at 3:37pm.

I had my DH try to log on at his work, and he did! So it appears to be something on my end. But I haven't a clue what it is.

This is so frustrating. We've continued to try everything. DH knows alot more about computers than I do, so he's been working on it, without success. It definitely seems to have something to do with our computer and Gardenweb's security certificate. Dang. I miss that site! It has every forum you could ever need........from food preserving to watergardening to plumbing, to greenhouses and just about any topic you could imagine. You guys are going to have to learn alot, if I can't ever get on that site again. hahaha
    I guess if we can't figure this out, I'll use DH's laptop to access the site. But it won't be very convenient.

CathyA,

I'm am very limited in my computer knowlege. But, I've had problems logging on before and it was due to silly errors on my part...The fact that you posted this thread accidentally in the personals forum made me take notice. Sometimes we don't realize when we are making the same mistake over and over. That's what happened to me. When I was trying to log in here, I was sure my username was yogastef, but it wasn't. So I was locked out for a year. Then, at another forum I visit every day, I couldn't log in or participate. I had accidentally logged off, (which I never do.) I was typing in my username into the password box! I was so frustrated and missed that site so much! Maybe you're doing something over and over like this (?) It happens a lot to women who are perimenopausal. But, you sound very knowledgeable with computers...hope you figure it out. I love Gardenweb, too!

Thanks awakenedsoul,
    We're hopefully getting closer to the problem. DH used our plug-in internet whatchamacallit on his laptop and he couldn't get in either. But he could get in on his computer at work, which has a different IP address.
    So....tomorrow he's taking his laptop to try out at work. If he can get in there, then the problem is probably with the IP. Hopefully we can figure this out soon. I really miss gardenweb and all the questions I have about various things!
    Alan.........you may be right about the IP address! Hopefully we'll figure it out soon.

What a nice husband. It sounds like you are almost there. Perseverance pays off!

Thread Information