Thread: What's a good type of canopy?

What's a good type of canopy?

I want to put up a canopy to park my golf cart under this summer.......to protect it from sun and rain, so I don't have to always keep it in the cart shelterlogic shed and it can be closer to the house.
    Anyone have experience with any of the brands? I know Shelter Logic is good, but how about the pop-up ones? I want it to be easy to put up and take down. I know I'll have to anchor it.........or it will be a sky canopy. Any suggestions? I probably need a 10'x10' or a little larger.
    (I know this might sound excessive, but I use my golf cart to get around our large property, since my knees are so bad.......so I tend to splurge on things that make it easier).

The pop-up tents like the cheap $99 EZ-UPs from Sams or such are not very durable. They are easy up (also easy down) and don't handle weather very well. If you go that route, put about 50 lbs per corner (that's what we put on our LiteDome tent corners, our Litedome ran $1200 with zippered walls and awnings and extra supports but it's lasted 8 years so far). The EZ Ups also don't handle rain very well - the cheap ones tend to pool the water.

http://www.shelterlogic.com/ProductD...6-9df80095b3e3 ShelterLogic seems to have a lot of carport style shelters, not sure about the durability of the toppers or the ease of putting up/taking down. I didn't look around too much on the site but it may give you some ideas. I started out with a google image search for' golf cart carports' to see what was out there.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

One of these carport canopies are easy to put up and take down if you need to. My husband has one up in our driveway for our car that can't fit in the garage. It is very durable but definitely more expensive. You pay for what you get though.

I'm also looking for a canopy and I'm thinking to get a metal one so that it can handle a year round weather. Or Maybe, we could check for some other here at Lowes . I'll try checking Home depot later.

Thread Information