Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emotional Freedom Technique?

Emotional Freedom Technique?

Has anyone tried this? It involves tapping on acupressure points in order to reduce stress and aid in emotional/physical healing. There sure is a lot of stuff about it on the web, but most of it is pretty commercial. It would be great if it really worked!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Would therapeutic touch be part of this approach?

I've heard of it and tried it a few times, but not often enough to see a difference. The hypnotist Paul ??? from England used it on his TV show about losing weight a few years ago.

Lightbulb Benefits of tapping!

Tapping is a method that anyone can learn and it is pain-free.You can do it by yourself too, anywhere you want to and whenever you want to and it just proves that how simple it is. It is very inexpensive and it saves your time.You can apply its definite purpose to deal with your life's adversities and complexes with the use of its clear emotional function.

EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is also known as Tapping,with this technique obstructed passages in the body unblocks greatly affecting in rejuvenating the essential movement of your energy through your body.

Some web sites say you will immediately feel better. (didn't work for me.)
    Krystal, do you know how long you have to practice this to see results?
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

A couple or three years ago DH developed pretty severe tinitus (ringing in ears) to the point that one night he said : "If I knew I wasn't going to wake up in the morning I wouldn't mind.". He had been to family doctor, ENT, chiropractor, etc. with no real help. We heard about a Dr. Smithdeal in Florida who dealt with this as well as other problems, and not being in Florida to attend sessions in person we sent for his set of CD's. While using hypno-thearpy, it also took DH through a set of "tappings" before doing the relaxation/hypno-thearpy part. I think this almost saved his life as far as being able to deal with the constant noise in his ears. One big benefit we were surprised about, his years long back problem improved also! The relaxation I am sure was a big help in this. We weren't sure what the "tapping" different points were for, but this sheds more light on it now. I am going to read more about the EFT stuff in a bit. BTW, this Dr. Smithdeal is really on the up and up I feel. He even called us twice to talk with DH about his problems. It was money well spent.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Sad Eyed Lady -
    that is so interesting, because tinnitus is one of the major issues I am dealing with right now! I also have chronic pain. I'm a long way from Florida, but I can try to do this myself (there are a few books that teach the technique) or try to find a reputable practictioner out here. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenarian View Post
    Sad Eyed Lady -
    that is so interesting, because tinnitus is one of the major issues I am dealing with right now! I also have chronic pain. I'm a long way from Florida, but I can try to do this myself (there are a few books that teach the technique) or try to find a reputable practictioner out here. Thank you!
    Below is Dr. Smithdeal's website if you want to read more about this. The second one is geared more toward tinnitus and I have just now come across when looking for the original website. As I said, this REALLY helped DH. I hope you find relief too; I love silence so much that I can't imagine being in a state of constant sound. Oh, BTW, one of the keys is NEVER to be in silence because all you will hear is the ringing in your ears. DH keeps a sound machine going at night and during the day he has a program downloaded on his computer called "aire freshener" I think. It is legal to download this and it has a variety of nature sounds. This plays from the time he gets up in the morning until bed at night for a background noise in case he starts focusing on the ringing again. Good luck!

http://www.hypno-institute.com/about_us.php

http://drcharlierocks.com/tinnitus-a...tus-treatment/
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

This is one of those things where my position is essentially "It won't cost you anything and it can't harm you so why not give it a try?" There are hundreds of books and websites that tell you how to do this.

That being said I've tried it myself and found absolutely no effect whatsoever other than the distraction factor. I'm also more than a little skeptical that this somehow make passages in the body unblock greatly affecting in rejuvenating the essential movement of your energy through your body.

But that's just me. Try it for yourself, see if you get any lasting results. Just don't spend any money or ignore other potential treatments unless you are seeing some real benefits.

I've been using it for several years. It works for me. This is the best instruction I've seen: http://eft.mercola.com/
    I've used it for headaches, anxiety, past traumas, pain, etc. It works quickly, and sometimes you'll get a "one minute cure", but some things need more work, like peeling away the layers of an onion.

I've seen an amazing video of Gary Craig, the inventor, working with a Vietnam vet with PTSD. At first the vet couldn't even think about the war trauma without breaking down. Eventually, he was able to tell the story of his buddy getting killed right next to him. This is something he had never been able to do since it happened (thirty years!). When he was done, he had a big smile on his face and he felt so much better. Now, when he remembered the incident, but it just didn't bother him any more. The whole thing took about a half hour.

Thread Information