Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still so incredibly frustrated with at&t!!

Is it possible your phone bill was increased by one of those scam third party bills that Congress allowed the phone company to bill you for due to third party charges? It is wise to challenge any unexplained or unknown amount on landline or cell phone bills. The third party companies just think people will not notice amounts from $1 to $20 on their bills.

Millions are being caught in this fiasco. Call or write your congressman.

Our land line delivers rock solid gold service and for that reason alone, I've decided not to move from AT & T. For a couple of years, every time someone here would start a thread about cutting down on phone service, I followed along on the suggestions and felt guilty for not economizing.

But now, given the entirely crappy cell phone conversations that I have with just about everyone, I'm keeping this land line. And I don't want to spend any of my time shopping around for bargains, so AT & T it is.

We only have the privilage of having CenturyTel for our land line and internet. But we do have ATT for our cells and in our area there are not enough towers to get good service. It does suck and then you have the !@#$ contracts. When ours is up we are changing to Verizon as we have been told by a lot of people does get a much better signal. We can't use our cells at home at all.
    I may not run with the wind in my hair, but I do get winded.

I'm also very unhappy with A T & T. We signed a two year contract with them for Uverse and I got an Android smart phone. They are free to jack up the price all the time, which they keep doing, and yet I am stuck with this contract. If I break the contract, my penalty is the same than if I just keep the contract and pay each month. They did NOT tell me up front that they could up the prices. After I signed the contract, they sent me an email with many pages of fine print, in which this was deeply hidden. I think they are a very deceptive and greedy company. When the contract is over, we are canceling it, and going with netflix instead, and I'm hoping to revert back to a dumb phone. The only thing is, I want to keep our landline. With my central auditory processing disorder, I can understand speech over the land line much better. Maybe I'll only have ATT for the landline.

If it weren't for 50% taxes, and lack of pay phones, I would still have my land lines. The lack of pay phones drove me to a cell phone, which I today, started year three of. I dropped my home phone six months into it, when it looked like three months of service, covered one year of cell phone service, and I could use it when out picking stuff up for work (the reason I required a pay phone).
    This year, my T mobile prepaid will cost me $50. (covers over 95% of the area I need to go) Lifeline phone service, would be closer to my home phone needs/wants.

I'm not being snippy or disrespectful, but if you have such lousy service from AT&T why not find some other company? Even if you don't have a choice at your place of employment, at least ditch them as your home service.
    There's the little problem of AT&T being a monopoly over landline phone service and so if you want a landline you're stuck. Or you can either deal with cable companies (even worse reputations - when I suggest switching from AT&T to them even as a suggestion people scream "NO!!!! DON"T DO IT!") or only having a cell.
    Trees don't grow on money

bunnys
    If you want to keep your landline you're going to have to suck it up and call AT&T. Eleven bucks is 11 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnys View Post
    If you want to keep your landline you're going to have to suck it up and call AT&T. Eleven bucks is 11 bucks.
    More like $22 with taxes.

Just spent two hours on the phone trying to have our bill combined - wireless and internet only. I have been calling for six months now trying to get it straightened out. The onlines don't match the paper ones - different due dates and amounts which gets very confusing. I talked to three differents CSRs and then was sent to a fourth who turned out to be foreign - I could barely understand her accent and she repeatedly said "I cannot here you." Each one requires that you give them the same exact info to initiate any help. I basically gave up at that point, hung up in utter frustration and will just continue paying two bills. I am convinced they are evil by design - perhaps colluding with high blood pressure medication corporations.

These tales of customer service and two hours on the phone--this is why I don't mess with my phone service, don't try to sign up for cable or Dish, don't mess with my DSL service.

NO MESSING WITH ANYTHING is my motto until I retire and then I will have days to sit on the telephone, trying to get services up and running or reduced. But I expect those two day phone calls will cause my head to explode and I will be dead, unable to enjoy retirement.

Thread Information