Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices in your area?

$3.03 here in NE Ohio.

Wildflower
    $2.87 in west central Missouri.

I paid about $3 a gallon the other day. It's a bit more than that now. My car needs mid-grade gas. The needle was buried in the E (literally running on fumes) so it took over $30.

That will last me around 2-3 weeks though. I drive 80-100 miles per week, typically & get about 35 miles to the gallon.

$3.69 today in San Francisco.

Like rosarugosa, $3.05 to $3.19 in our area, although I have seen regular at $3.33. Near the interstate, of course.

this week it's 1.52 Euro per liter here in Germany, which is about 5.64 Euro per gallon.

In dollar this would be about 7.85 $

Going from Bisbee AZ through Las Cruces, El Paso, Dallas, Little Rock, I've been able to find gas under $3 the whole way. Lowest $2.88, typical $2.95.

Jimmy, just curious, if it's not TMI, what is a typical salary where you are? How much would you pay for ... a few typical things like ... hmm. Lol. I'm realizing that it's quite difficult to think of anything here that has a "standard" price ... could you describe a few things you buy and how much they are? I know that gas is comparatively more expensive in the EU because of taxes, but I'm curious if that $7.85 corresponds to a wholly different economic scale, or just a really expensive commodity.

3.22 but I think that was for the 10% ethanol gas. Regular is 3.30ish.
    Formerly known as Blithe Morning II

Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    Jimmy, just curious, if it's not TMI, what is a typical salary where you are? How much would you pay for ... a few typical things like ... hmm. Lol. I'm realizing that it's quite difficult to think of anything here that has a "standard" price ... could you describe a few things you buy and how much they are? I know that gas is comparatively more expensive in the EU because of taxes, but I'm curious if that $7.85 corresponds to a wholly different economic scale, or just a really expensive commodity.
    typical salary? hm -- let me think.
    I have a university degree in Economics and worked as a Controller at a local newspaper (I retired at the age of 40, thanks to YMOYL). My last salary was about 35 grand (single, no kids), which is about 50,000 $ .
    A friend of mine earns 22,000 Euro (logistics planning, married, two kids) = 31,000 $
    Social security (called Hartz IV here) is 4,400 Euro for a grown-up which is about 6,200 $ (per year with rent and central heating payed extra).

1 liter milk = 0.54 Euro (0.70 $)
    1 loaf of bread (750 gramm) = 2 Euro (2.80 $)
    10 eggs (battery farm) = 1.30 Euro (1.80 $)
    rent (500 square feet in a middle sized town) = 450 Euro (630 $)
    a new BMW 318i (pricelist, no extras) = 29,000 (40,000 $)
    in my hometown, garbage removal (four different garbage cans - paper, plastic, organic stuff and all the rest) is 120 Euro for one year = 170 $

I pay 350 Euro (500 $) a month for regular health care. When you want so see a doctor you pay an extra 10 Euro (14 $) once at the beginning of every quarter year (dentist goes extra) plus 10 Euro per day when you have to be hospitalized. Medication has fixed prizes as well. It goes from 5 Euro for a small package to 9 Euro for a big one.
    I'm going to have a new dental crown for my incisor and will have to pay 450 Euro (630 $) next month
    Last edited by jimmybaxter; 2-6-11 at 11:39am.

Thread Information