Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great no-sugar cookies

Great no-sugar cookies

Think these looked great when I saw the picture of them -- and no sugar. I like to reconstitute raisins when I use them; they are plumper and juicier. Thought they would make a great cookie for children or a great breakfast cookie for adults.

3 mashed bananas (ripe), 1/3 cup apple sauce, 2 cups oats, 1/4 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup raisins (optional), 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
    Last edited by Tussiemussies; 6-24-12 at 5:58am.

Mrs-M
    OMG, what a mouthwatering sounding recipe! I have GOT to try this! Totally craving some right now just because of the yummy ingredients! Thanks, Tussie!

No flour, etc? Just roll into balls and place on greased sheet?

Hi Mrs. M

It is strange that it calls for no flour, I'm pretty sure I copied the recipe correctly. Hope I did!!!

No sugar, no flour! This is the kind of baking we do now. More filling, very tasty, less craving-inducing.
    I have a recipe that uses cooked quinoa to make cookies, too - DD said, "Make these again!"

Hi Rosemary, we too are eating no sugar these days. Do you think you could post a baking recipe as I have a hard time finding anything and we don't use artificial sweeteners. Only if you have the time. Maybe you could recommend some boos or sites instead.

Christine

Thank you for this GREAT recipe, Tussiemussies! DH and I both have celiac sprue disease, so we can't eat anything with wheat flour. We have a friend who is diabetic and keeps strict kosher, so using almond milk makes the cookies pareve (neutral, i.e. neither meat nor dairy) and thus suitable for dessert when we have him over for dinner. It pleases everyone and the cookies are SO simple to make and taste great!

Selah, I never knew what pareve meant! I knew it had to do with kosher, but wasn't sure how . . . thanks for the info!

I am also happy this is flour-free. Thanks for sharing, tussiemussies!
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Hi again, so glad Selah that this recipe is geared for your lifestyle. I hope they come out good as I have not tried them yet.

Your welcome fidgiegirl, I like to share good recipes when they come along...

sweet! i'm always looking for new recipies.

Thanks Rosemary I am going to take a look at these. I love macaroons -- I'll be sure to try that one first...

Thread Information