Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside out/right-side out. The eccentrics guide to clothes washing.

Mrs-M

Inside out/right-side out. The eccentrics guide to clothes washing.

I'm eccentric in many ways (I will admit), but lately my eccentricities are coming out (extra) in my method and approach to clothes washing.

Take for instance undies and shirts and socks. If I don't turn these items inside out before laundering, I feel as though the items aren't getting as clean as they would had I turned them inside out. (Am I making any sense)?

So, here's my question, do you turn the items I mentioned above inside out before laundering? If your answer is yes, what other items do you launder inside out?

Just as a side note, I do launder jeans and delicate items (inside out) to help save them from fading and wear, but that's another issue.

oh good lord no, its a miracle that things even get into the washer as it is, I won't be handling them more than I have to. I don't even fold my underwear, I just stuff it into a drawer. Sometimes I will fold DH's, sometimes not, but if I don't he will fold it.

That reminds me that I currently am extremely annoyed at the state of my socks. I NEED MORE SOCKS! Black ones, for winter.

Wildflower
    The only things I turn inside out to wash are delicate items like sweaters to avoid piling, and tops with embroidery or other decorative stuff that might come off while being agitated in the washer. I do wash these in the gentle/handwash cycle too, but still want to be careful with them.

I hate touching other people's socks, and I hate it when they throw them in the laundry so they're balled up or half inside out so I have to actually handle them when they're dirty. Husband's undershirts are also gross, so however they come down the laundry chute is how they get washed. There are a few fancy shmancy shirts that I wash inside out so the decorations don't get wrecked.

Life is too short to worry about such things. Our time on earth is fleeting.
    The only things I turn inside out are shirts with unusual decorations on them. I also hang those to dry, instead of tossing in the dryer.

Otherwise? If you have to worry how you launder it, donate it. Save life energy.

"The way you throw it in the basket is the way I wash it. Balled up socks, twisted 1/2 in 1/2 out jeans and all. If you want to complain about the way it looks when I hang it up or put it in your basket then you might want to think about the condition it's in when you toss it in the laundry room."
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

DH and I each do our own laundry, so I really don't know what he does. I don't turn anything inside-out.

Mrs-M
    Clap, clap, clap! Great posts you guys. Reminding myself as I'm typing this just how eccentric I really am.

Actually, I don't turn anything inside out if it's an underlayer or pajamas, because I find that the side facing outward gets more pills on it, and I want the pills as far from my skin as possible. Most other stuff, yes, inside out so it gets less wear on the outside - also means I can just yank everything off wildly, which is sort of fun and faster. I agree, DH's clothes usually get washed in whatever state they hit the hamper.

I don't have any eccentricities on washing, but I do turn jeans inside out when hanging up to dry so the pockets get completely dry.

Thread Information