Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum Financial Update - 1st Half 2012

Mailing a donation today.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by lhamo View Post
    Good time for another donor challenge -- I'll kick in an extra $1 over and above my individual contribution for every individual donation of $10 or more between January 1 and July 31, up to an extra $100.

Guantlet thrown

lhamo
    A little reminder about my personal SLF donor challenge -- I'll throw in an extra $1 over and above my planned donation for every donation of $10 or more NRM recieves for the forums between Jan 1-July 31.

Encourage other brave souls to join me in this challenge

lhamo
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

I'll mail a check before I hit the road. Is that address in Langley, WA still good to mail donations?

Hi Alan, I pushed the donate button but when I tried to get to PayPal from the next window it would not load up the window. It kept trying to load it, but it never was successful?

Quote Originally Posted by Tussiemussies View Post
    Hi Alan, I pushed the donate button but when I tried to get to PayPal from the next window it would not load up the window. It kept trying to load it, but it never was successful?
    Hmmm, did you click on the paypal link or did you attempt to login to your paypal account using the login box on the right side?
    If you clicked on the link, it brings up an 'About' popup, describing paypal. If you have popups disabled in your browser, you'll likely not see it, which is OK because it really doesn't help you at all.

If you did not use the login box, try that.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks, I think I did that but I will try again. I'm on the iPad so that may be the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartana View Post
    I'll mail a check before I hit the road. Is that address in Langley, WA still good to mail donations?
    Yes.

New Road Map Foundation
    PO Box 1363
    Langley, WA 98260
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hmmm, did you click on the paypal link or did you attempt to login to your paypal account using the login box on the right side?
    If you clicked on the link, it brings up an 'About' popup, describing paypal. If you have popups disabled in your browser, you'll likely not see it, which is OK because it really doesn't help you at all.

If you did not use the login box, try that.
    I tried your directions but it didn't work, I'll have to wait until I get on the computer...thanks again for your help Alan...

Quote Originally Posted by Tussiemussies View Post
    I tried your directions but it didn't work, I'll have to wait until I get on the computer...thanks again for your help Alan...
    Don't forget you can always just send in a check. Then every penny goes to upkeep the forums, instead of some getting syphoned off to Paypal. Just write SLF in the memo.

New Road Map Foundation
    PO Box 1363
    Langley, WA 98260

Generally speaking, I can pretty much figure out if someone is an SLF member even if they don't remember to make a note. If they are, then I assume they're giving to SLF unless they've been a longstanding financial supporter of the FI work previously. I'll email to confirm a Paypal donation if it's not obvious either way. SLF is currently not being "charged" for any of my accounting work (neither is NRM!) At some point though (hopefully soon) I won't be doing the bookkeeping and someone less familiar with the SLF side may be, so it's good to get in the habit of specifying and save the life-energy expense.

Will you be giving us an update on the financials soon? I'm curious to see how much action the reminders generated.

Thread Information