Thread: Oven Roasted Sweet Corn

Oven Roasted Sweet Corn

Probably everyone on earth except me already knew how to do this but on the slight chance that someone else doesn't know, here's how to make the world's best sweet corn on the cob. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Do not husk the corn, do not wrap in aluminum foil. Just lay the unhusked ears on a baking sheet and cook for 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully remove husks and silk. A bit of butter and you've got some seriously good eating in front of you.

I didn't know how to oven-roast corn, so you weren't alone, and thank you for the tip!

I may have been the last one to see this youtube video - about cooking corn in the microwave. This works really good if you only want to cook one or two ears. Put the entire ear in the microwave - husk and all. Microwave 4 minutes per ear - remove and cut off the bottom of the ear - slide corn out. NO silk comes out! Very slick, and soooo good!

I've started steaming corn on the cob (shucked). It seems extra juicy.
    The oven roasted sounds good too.

One trick we do around here is soak the unhusked ears in a bin of water for "a while" - 15->60 mins.

Then roast them, unhusked, on the BBQ grill on medium-low until you think they are done. They sort of roast/steam from the extra water. It's no fuss, and they shuck mighty easy once cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    One trick we do around here is soak the unhusked ears in a bin of water for "a while" - 15->60 mins.

Then roast them, unhusked, on the BBQ grill on medium-low until you think they are done. They sort of roast/steam from the extra water. It's no fuss, and they shuck mighty easy once cooked.
    I will try soaking them next time but they sure were good even without soaking!

I am so looking forward to trying this. Alas, our (little bit) of corn from this year is alread harvested and in the freezer.

Thank you for the idea, Florence.

Thread Information