Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: July Gratitude

So thankful to be doing my weekend "chore" -- helping at a big beer festival in the mountains with lots of festive, fun people, in a park by a river shaded by giant cottonwoods. I needed some unfettered fun and celebration to break the cycle of worry my life's been stuck in lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussiemussies View Post
    Try to be frugal, so sorry for the loss of your friend...
    Thank you for the kind words. It was very sudden so I think many of his friends and family are still in shock.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I'm always grateful not to have to work.

And I'm grateful today for a nice stack of books--all different kinds--to read and for the world-class library system they came from.
    DITTO!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by try2bfrugal View Post
    Thank you for the kind words. It was very sudden so I think many of his friends and family are still in shock.

I can imagine that everyone is still in shock. I think it is much harder on everyone in many ways when it a sudden death.

Today at the 6:30am all-store meeting I got to spin the roulette wheel for a prize because I got a 100% score from a mystery shopper sometime in the last two weeks. I won a $75 gift card from Wholefoods ~ that's more than half a month's of groceries for me!

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    Today at the 6:30am all-store meeting I got to spin the roulette wheel for a prize because I got a 100% score from a mystery shopper sometime in the last two weeks. I won a $75 gift card from Wholefoods ~ that's more than half a month's of groceries for me!
    Whoo-hoo! Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    I won a $75 gift card from Wholefoods!
    SQ, dare I say that WF already has treated you better than your old place?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

SiouQ, that is fantastic that you are such a great employee and that you won money because of it!

Grateful that my family is safe today.

No question about it that it's way better than the old place (except my hourly pay)! There are lots of little incentives they throw around like this. The teamwork mentality is really important there because if the whole team rises above and makes their goals, everyone wins monetarily in a profit-sharing type of thing every quarter, hence, you don't want to ever be the slouch on the team.

Thread Information