Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help me *want* to go back to school

Treehugger, I've not read the entire thread, but I just wanted to give some advice based on my experiences over the past 3.5 years of constant study (first, an intense local theological program pretty much on par with grad school, and then the past 8 months studying for the customs brokers exam). I don't remember what your family situation is like, but you may find that studying a certain way works better than what you thought. I've been getting up very early to get an hour of studying in before going to work, rather than after work, since my brain is fried after some seriously long days. As much as I hate mornings, it works!

Quote Originally Posted by bunnys View Post
    I wasn't trying to be a downer. I am just really direct and I've found that when people say they can't make a decision or are unsure or need some help convincing themselves that it's really code for they're afraid. Which it ok. We're all afraid from time to time. I know I have been--frequently. I've found that when I face it head on and don't mince words or call it something it really isn't the fear loses it's authority and it's easier to face and overcome.
    Eh, I didn't take it that you were being a downer. I honestly thought it was sorta funny that it didn't seem like you had actually read my posts. That's OK. I asked for help, and I got it. I love this place!

Kara

Thread Information