Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colorado residents/members, thinking of you this morning (theatre shooting).

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    ...A bunch of great observations....
    Very well said, ANM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    How about this fairytale from just last week? http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-...162941656.html
    Here is just a partial list of mass shootings in the us since 2007. Get real we are violent society with too many guns. It is just too easy for someone to get. Colorado has laz concealed weapons laws so all most anyone in the theater could have opened up. Then how many more people would have been killed. To pull a weapon in a dark movie theater with 100s of people in it and kill the shoter requires skills that the majority of people do not have. Again I say get real.

"Get real" you say...

Yet your comments are not based in reality. Colorado doesn't have "laz" concealed weapons laws, for instance. I'll leave you to look up the details.

Quote Originally Posted by freein05 View Post
    Get real we are violent society with too many guns....
    May I introduce you to the works of Dr. John Lott. You may be interested in his signature work, More Guns Less Crime which is available at the link provided, or at your local library if you prefer.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Another day, another excuse to argue about gun control?

For heaven's sake, people. I have two friends MIA who were bound for that film last night. Can we possibly suspend the debate until the dead are buried?

Quote Originally Posted by puglogic View Post

For heaven's sake, people. I have two friends MIA who were bound for that film last night. Can we possibly suspend the debate until the dead are buried?
    Apparently our political leaders are unable to do so, because they've already been leaping on the tragedy before the blood is even cold.

Oh gosh Pug, I hope they are okay.

Puglogic-My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight. I sincerely hope that your friends are found safe and sound. What a terrible, terrible nightmare for all who are involved...
    I didn't want to look back at the end of my life or after some great catastrophe and think, 'How happy I used to be then if only I'd realized it.'
    Gretchen Rubin-- The Happiness Project

yes well the 2nd post in this thread headed down that road, so the thread was doomed from that second post in it I figure, then everything else just followed from that 2nd post I think.
    Trees don't grow on money

I live in a Denver suburb and and fortunately don't know anyone who was in attendance. Denver is a fairly big city with a variety of neighborhoods and it is slightly disturbing to have had a couple of these types of shootings.

At times like this, gun issues get a little confusing to me. I think a lot of people or most have guns for home defense, but I don't know of anyone who would live in enough fear to take a gun to a theater showing for self defense. If that is what the world is coming to, we are regressing back to the days of the wild west.

Thread Information