Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: February Declutter Challenge!

winterberry - I actually hang works of art like that in the closets. Things I don't mind seeing every now and then but don't want out on display and don't want to get rid of. Even dark corners deserve a little art.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I'm in. I plan to hunker down at home this weekend and tackle the piles of books and papers that have grown and grown. I got rid of a couple of dozen books in January, but I have more to organize. And the paper! Ohh....it needs decluttering pronto. I might check in a few times as I declutter to keep me motivated this weekend.

I added a pair of shoes (beautiful but uncomfortable), two books, and two sweaters to my thrift shop bag this weekend. That was about it.
    I'm in the mood to attack something my husband 'started' last month. He started going thru his books and he left piles all over the library/music area upstairs and then he left for FL. I need to let him 'finish' it and let it be his project but it is bugging me with all those piles. I know he's going to end up putting every single thing back on the shelves that he put in his 'get rid of basket'.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I am onto the kitchen. I find the kitchen a bit scary -so many things. So far I have purged: a crock pot, juicer, wine glasses, tupperware, anything chipped, and some cookbooks (I went through and wrote down the recipes I use and then got rid of the book. I am more of an inventor than a follower.) So far so good.

Feb 07 so far to day @ 12:30 p.m.
    --25 old magazines glanced though and pulled articles some to charity--some to recycle
    --3 piece DVD/book/ and exercise thingie for your neck never used--to charity maybe someone will love to get it.
    46 items

I'm chiming in a bit late, but will try to remember what I have put aside in the last 7 days. These items will all go to the Epilepsy Foundation when the truck comes around next month. For now they are being collected in a box in the garage.
    7 boys pants
    2 boys shirts
    2 books
    1 wall floral accent
    2 blouses
    1 sweater
    1 cat dish
    1 pair shorts
    1 kitchen wall hanging
    1 insulated bottle
    1 VHS
    20 items to date
    USE IT UP, WEAR IT OUT, MAKE IT DO OR DO WITHOUT
    . . . . . . . .Debby. . . . . . . .

Feb08
    --2 picture frames to Dd
    --1 picture frame broken to garbage
    --5 more magazines to charity
    --1 pillow to Dgrandson he liked it
    Total 55 todate....

Unfortunately, DH invited BIL, SIL and nephew to stay with us this weekend, so now all the homeless junk I carefully removed from the bedroom needs to go back in there, since it is the only place in our small house to hide clutter from guests. And now my weekend will be spent entertaining people instead of decluttering. Sigh.

Hopefully I will find time to at least get the Goodwill boxes, the dry cleaning, and the clothing returns out of the house properly instead of hiding them.

dh has been slowly getting rid of his clothes and i have been going through my books that i can donate; i have shredded most of the old files; still haven't gotten to the old picture slides as its so hard on my eyes;but will try a bit at a time
    "I 'll walk where my own nature would be leading. It vexes me to choose another guide" Emily Bronte

I've been organizing old photos, removing them from old books that were not photo-safe, discarding ones I didn't want, and placing the keepers in new photo books (which I bought at an amazing sale price prior to Christmas). Shelf space of photo books reduced by 1/3 so far. Also donated about 25 pounds of foreign-language books to a local cultural organization that maintains a library.

Thread Information