Thread: ready for the new (frugal and healthy) school year

ready for the new (frugal and healthy) school year

Monday starts training for the school year. i am hoping I will be delivering a good amount of training to front line staff as I did last year. First we have to do our training, which I have to work on my attitude towards.

It also means that after 9 weeks of having a blast being more front line with the children at camp, I do not need to wear the required t-shirt every day! It is a nice balance to spend summers not being in charge of grown ups and casual, while going back to the more supervisory job during the school year.

So my shopping trip to target today included a basic black skirt for the dressy days, a new lunch bag to replace the one I have had for 6 years and the zipper wore out, and a small nalgene bottle. I figured out my one that is larger is over 10 years old and works fine. This one will fit in my car cup holder and be easier to carry along with my smaller lunch bag. I packed a lunch daily for all of summer camp because i could not leave the site, and I am looking forward to packing it this year as well. I got a weeks worth of lunch food as well.

Now to see if my 5 lb weight loss creeps back up since I will not be on my feet for 30 hours a week.

I really like packing lunches for myself and DD. Not limited to work or school days -- I often pack lunch on a day that we'll be out and about, and plan to stop at a park where we can have lunch in the middle of our day. For less than 10 minutes, it saves a lot of money.

Thread Information