Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knit, knit, knit~

Knit, knit, knit~

I've been working on my knitting skills and really enjoying the learning process. I've found that small projects are perfect. I've been on a dish cloth kick, which are just the right size to learn new stitches and techniques. My big project will be a knit jacket this fall...and socks. I adore socks!

Enjoy!. I teach a knitting class on Saturday mornings out of my home and I absolutely love to knit. I'm working on a cable knit afgan right now. I have students doing winter gear for Christmas gifts so lots of mittens, fingerless gloves, hats etc...

I'm in a knitting group that meets once or twice a month. It's always fun to learn something new and sit and chat.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I used to love to knit, but arthritic fingers make it difficult to hold heavier items nowadays. I still love to make items for babies and children or very fine yarn sweaters and cardigans.

My mum and both grannies were amazing knitters. My paternal granny was a marvel. She used to knit complicated fair isle garments with no written patterns. She knitted from memory.

I used to love to knit Aran patterns - but I DID have to use written patterns!

Are there any knitting blogs or websites that any of you recommend?

My mominlaw who just moved here had to move her stash. In fact she gave her knitting group 27 bags of yarn. Still has two closets full. She uses the craft to keep her fingers nimgle due to arthritis.

We have not yet found a group but are going to start one in her retirement community in a couple of months when she is settled. If even a few people come, it would be great and the complex has 7 buildings with almost 75 units per building so there are a lot of people living there. I figure I will bribe them with cookies and such so they will come and check it out.

It is the finishing that is a stinker. I have the decreases yet to do for DH's vest and his heavy bulky knit needs the groagrain ribbon for the buttonholes stitched and it will be done.
    Sweetana, it may take a few months but new people will gravitate to the group once even a couple of people start meeting. It is such a lovely group project and newcomers to knitting are so eager and oldtimers love to share.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I just started knitting about a month ago. I love it. too! Like you, I've made several dishcloths. I'm going to make a set for my mother for Christmas. We have a knitting group that meets at our library once a month. We're hoping to have it every week. It's a relaxing hobby, and inexpensive, too.

I started knitting a Sawtelle sweater a few months ago. Then I found that knitting a wool sweater in the summer in Honduras without airconditioning wasn't a good idea. I'm looking forward to getting back to it when I don't sweat from the weight of the wool on my lap.
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

Try Kollage square circular knitting needles. They are a dream to knit with with my arthitis. The circular needle is much easier on your hands and the square shape of the shaft makes holding them very comfortable and less stressful on the muscle groups in your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by IshbelRobertson View Post
    I used to love to knit, but arthritic fingers make it difficult to hold heavier items nowadays. I still love to make items for babies and children or very fine yarn sweaters and cardigans.

My mum and both grannies were amazing knitters. My paternal granny was a marvel. She used to knit complicated fair isle garments with no written patterns. She knitted from memory.

I used to love to knit Aran patterns - but I DID have to use written patterns!

Thread Information