Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knit, knit, knit~

My favorite site for knitting is Ravelry. Free to join, tons of patterns and ideas, wonderful community!

Whenever I need to learn a new stitch or technique for a project and can't get to the local yarn store (they are awesome, there BTW), I can always find excellent technique videos on You Tube. I watch a few times and then refer back if needed when I am actually doing it. This is good for those insomniac knitting sessions. I have also found that knitting is good meditation--I have trouble just sitting still without fidgeting, so knitting is an excellent alternative!

Hello from Germany. I picked up knitting a year ago again. I am not very good with patterns, but with a simple design. I just knitted 2 swirls, which turned out great. Right now I have a seemless yoke on my needles. I bought a book for that, but then I actually used a pattern I had found on Ravelry long before. I hope the sweater will turn out good, but it looks fine so far.
    As for wool, I mostly use plarn - plastic yarn - because its cheap and it wont shrink . My needles are from knit pro, the wood ones whith the changing tips. I also had the metal and plastic ones, but I now only use the wood ones.

I started learning to knit a few years ago with the hope of one day making socks. Last week I finished a pair that actually look like a pair of socks! I have made a few pair before but they were not the kind you would want to show off. So, I am finally achieving my goal of making a simple pair of socks, (love the sock yarn with self striping or self patterning), and hope this is the first of many that will get better and better. I also have made my share of dishcloths and still work on them - everyone loves them for a gift it seems - and they are easy and fun to do. My knitting group meets at the library once a week and we have recently grown by leaps and bounds. Lots of fun!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Sad Eyed Lady View Post
    I started learning to knit a few years ago with the hope of one day making socks. Last week I finished a pair that actually look like a pair of socks! I have made a few pair before but they were not the kind you would want to show off. So, I am finally achieving my goal of making a simple pair of socks, (love the sock yarn with self striping or self patterning), and hope this is the first of many that will get better and better. I also have made my share of dishcloths and still work on them - everyone loves them for a gift it seems - and they are easy and fun to do. My knitting group meets at the library once a week and we have recently grown by leaps and bounds. Lots of fun!
    That's neat Sad Eyed Lady. I would love to be able to knit socks. I'm still in the rectangle stage. I just made a basket weave pouch for my notions, and it came out really nicely. I made up the design, and it looks like a wrapped present. We have a library group, too. It only meets once a month, though. That's great that yours is doing so well.

I just finished a long duster sweater (mid-thigh) for myself. What a slog. That took most of the summer. Now that the weather is turning cooler, I have my knitting mojo back. I just finished a vest for my DD and a shawl for me. On the needles right now I have another shawl and a fair isle sweater. I love fair isle. I'm always amazed at how fast it progresses! Probably because I have to concentrate on a chart.

I need to get a pair of socks knitted up for DH's b-day and I need to start thinking about Christmas knitting.

The only thing I have yet to try is steeking. I need to just plunge in and learn it so I can make fair isle cardigans. I'll have to practice on a child's sweater one of these days.

It is fun to try new stitches and patterns. I have a project going that is for "social" knitting that is simple and doesn't require much thought or close attention to a pattern. Anything more complicated I keep at home where I can concentrate while I have good music playing in the background.

Thread Information