Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Minimalist Shoe Possessions - How Many Pairs?

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Oh I don't even want to count how many pair of shoes I have.
    Lets just leave it at lots.

.....and I added three pair of clarks just in the last week. Hit a thrift store and there were 3 pair...brand new...just my size. $1 each. Couldn't pass them up because Clarks are my fav.

And I thought I was drooling before!

Quote Originally Posted by Minz View Post
    I think that's a good list, however since you wear sandals most of the time, I don't think it would hurt to have a few different pairs of everyday sandals....but it's whatever you think is best for your situation.
    That is a great idea. Maybe sandals and an extra pair of walking shoes for winter is where I will splurge a bit over my current list.

Today I bought some running shoes for hikes instead of actual hiking shoes. It is not like I am going to hike the Andes anytime soon. I just need something with some traction on the bottom for hiking around the local parks and the running shoes were half the price of the actual hiking shoes.

Thanks to everyone else for all the comments so far.

I have only a few pairs of shoes: black leather sandals that I wear to work from May through about September; black flats for work Oct-Nov, and March-April, and Easy Spirt walking shoes that I wear for work in the cold winter months, Dec Jan Feb. I have a pair of Teva's that I bought 9 years ago that I wear most of the time, May -Sept outside of work. (They are soooo comfortable! I've worn them for 18 hours Disneyland days, and my feet didn't hurt!) And I have a pair of sneakers. That's five pairs that I wear. Hiding in the back of my closet are black, navy and bone pumps- they come out for weddings, funerals, interviews. I'm mostly barefoot at home, maybe warm socks in the winter. So 8 total pairs of shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    I have only a few pairs of shoes: black leather sandals that I wear to work from May through about September; black flats for work Oct-Nov, and March-April, and Easy Spirt walking shoes that I wear for work in the cold winter months, Dec Jan Feb. I have a pair of Teva's that I bought 9 years ago that I wear most of the time, May -Sept outside of work. (They are soooo comfortable! I've worn them for 18 hours Disneyland days, and my feet didn't hurt!) And I have a pair of sneakers. That's five pairs that I wear. Hiding in the back of my closet are black, navy and bone pumps- they come out for weddings, funerals, interviews. I'm mostly barefoot at home, maybe warm socks in the winter. So 8 total pairs of shoes.

For years now I've worn the same pair of black shoes I can't remember where or when I bought them.

Being a shut-in, I seldom need to wear them, but prefer to walk around indoors in bare feet. When I do go outside, maybe once a week to buy groceries, it's the only time I need to put them on.

These shoes will last me for the rest of my life.

Did make it through the summer with three pair of sandals. Two pair I got online from Walnart -- I know but their prices I can afford. On the Internet they have a better selection of their shoes so I got two really cute pairs.

Now that fall is coming I have some old pairs-- two or three -- that I bought in Wallmart when their selection was much better in the store itself. They had a lot of Dr. Scholl's shoes there.

I probably need a dressy pair of shoes down the line.

Glad I'm pretty well set for fall and winter...

I'm with Float On - I would guess I have in the neighborhood of 30 pairs, but I haven't counted them.

I've got:
    1 pair of dress shoes
    1 pair of tan loafers
    1 pair of black boots
    1 pair of black shoes
    1 pair of brown shoes
    1 pair of sneakers
    1 pair of velcro-strap sandals, which is what I mostly wear

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    I really like Teva and Easy Spirit, too. Those are my go to brands. I tried on a bunch of other brands yesterday looking for shoes on sale but most of them just didn't feel nearly as comfortable, even the more expensive comfort shoe lines. I did buy some Avia sneakers, but for other shoes I will just order Teva or Easy Spirit wherever they are on sale online from now on. Tevas are the only sandals I can hike or go for long walks in and they feel as good as wearing sneakers or comfortable walking shoes.

I just realized one of my pairs of Teva's are waterproof so I don't need separate beach shoes and I think I will replace my slippers with a pair of house only Tevas since the Tevas are more comfortable and can act as back up for the outside Teva's if I misplace those. This is kind of cool thinking about what I really need and having a plan instead of buying random cute stuff I see on sale.
    Last edited by try2bfrugal; 8-19-12 at 1:05pm.

Sigh. I'll count mine tonight. They are mostly packed away in a large duffle. I only have about 20 pr out. I'm trying to pare down as I send things I'm not using back to storage in the US. I'm also wondering why I'm hanging onto stuff I'm just sending back to storage, so I guess it is the shoes time in the spotlight.
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

bunnys
    I have dozens of pairs. Many of which I never wear. Trying to purge some that are simply taking up space in my closet. This is another reason I want to go 18 months without buying any clothes.

Now what's this about an Easy Spirit website sale?

Thread Information