Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Best Buddy has passed away

My Best Buddy has passed away

Last wednesday, the 15th of Aug. My DH passed away after a brief (7weeks) but painful bout of cancer. I posted when I found out he was sick, but it was all so fast that I didn't have a lot of time to update. All I can say is that it was the worst thing I have ever been involved in. He was in terrible pain for the last 4 weeks. The doctor contacted Hospice and all I can say is that they are angels. They supplied almost everything we needed and more. They became family in that short time.

I feel lost and all alone and it feels like I always be. I know that isn't true, but he was my true love and a wonderful guy. I still wish I could have gone with him! 10 wonderful years that I wouldn't trade for anything.

I went back to work today because I have taken the last 2 weeks off and things had started backing up. I thought it would at least give my mind something else to think about. It worked a little, but soon I will have to go home and I dread it. I feel sick emotionally and physically all over. I am still trying to process the fact that he was so sick, but he died so quickly that I can't wrap myself around it all.

I am in the middle of contacting everyone about accounts, insurance, mortgage, waiting for the death certificate, et al. My girls have been wonderful with a lot of the leg work. My mom stayed with Dale some days and with me after it was all over. I had his body cremated and don't have a clue as to the next step. But I am not going to do anything until I am ready.

Well, this is sorta garbled, but I am sure you can understand.

Sherry
    I may not run with the wind in my hair, but I do get winded.

Sherry, my heart is with you. I am so sorry for your loss.

Kara

I am so sorry for your loss and I wish you strength and comfort for the next chapter of your life.

Cecilia

So sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear about your loss Sherry. I know its hard to think about yourself at times like this, but please take good care of you during this most difficult time. Sending everything positive your way.

I am so sorry.

I am so sorry for your loss. You will find a way to pick up the pieces, but I'm sure that is hard to believe right now. Try to just take it one day at a time and give yourself time to be as much of a mess as you need to be. Just showing up at work is plenty for now.

And let EVERYONE who asks to help you. xxoo.

My deepest condolences. I'm very sorry to hear this.

Sherry, I am so very sorry for the loss of your best buddy and partner.

I can't even imagine the difficulty of what you have gone through and what you are going through now. I hope you keep in touch with us on the forum. I'm sure I'm not the only one who remembers you from many years on the previous forum. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Thread Information