Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: For the Downton Abbey Junkies out there

For the Downton Abbey Junkies out there

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ton-abbey.html

I have only watched the first one of the Jimmy Fallon spoofs so far..... REALLY SILLY!

I'm totally jonesing for my D.A. fix.
    I thought we just had to wait until fall, but looks like it doesn't come to US until January. Ugh.

Can you find it someplace on the web this fall, if you can't wait that long?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnlaurel View Post
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ton-abbey.html

I have only watched the first one of the Jimmy Fallon spoofs so far..... REALLY SILLY!

I'm totally jonesing for my D.A. fix.
    I thought we just had to wait until fall, but looks like it doesn't come to US until January. Ugh.

Can you find it someplace on the web this fall, if you can't wait that long?
    Unless it's an illegal site, no.

I guess we can count ourselves lucky that the British are going ahead with this story anyway. They don't normally do that. They tell a story and when it ends, it's over. In the states, every story is started with an eye to perpetual telling, plus sequels and spin-offs!

PBS has full episodes of DA available to watch for free on their website. The length of time they have the videos up is limited so you'll have to check to see which ones are available. Last winter before we got our antenna and could watch PBS on TV, we kept up with the show via PBS.org.

Edited to add: I just reread the original post closer (oops) and no, PBS won't have the 3rd season on the website until it actually starts showing in January.

bunnys
    I checked on the ITV website for part 2 before it was supposed to come on in the US but had already aired in UK. They had it up there but it was blocked from streaming in NA.

I have a friend in the UK... Will see if she has access to DVD's & can send them to me! Or... Suck it up & wait for the dead of winter to indulge again...

Redfox do you have a DVD player that shows all regions?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Redfox do you have a DVD player that shows all regions?
    Oh, gosh, I have no idea! How do I tell? Are British DVD's different?

I haven't seen season two but for one weird episode that confused me. This show is lacking in plot, it seems to be meandering. We had a thread on its problems a while back. But never fear, I will still watch it beginning to end because I never miss these BBC costume dramas.

I'm not a Downton Abbey junky, I've only watched a couple of episodes but I appreciate a good parody. I only watched the first video, parts 1 and 2, thought it well done and forwarded it to my DA junky friends. Thanks for the link.

Thread Information