Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No-Spend Days: September

Wow! So glad we will have such a big group. I am starting a little early with my posts, as Iris Lily pointed out, I need to be a little more conscious of what I am doing. Today: a nearly no-spend . . . one coffee at SA this morning. $1.06. Could have had tea, which I have on hand. Coffee makes my belly hurt, but I "needed" the caffeine (which hurts my stress level, but DOES wake me up). Total no-spend days = 0. Good thing it's not September yet!
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

A no spend day for me! Needed to buy a car seat for my growing yound man, but I went on freecycle.org, and got a new booster seat for FREE! Plus I posted other items for others to take. I'm at the begining of my SL journey, so when one item enters the house one or more leaves the house. It felt sooooooo good! Pulling into the house knowing I won't have to purchase another car seat again! Off to a good start!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomahmie View Post
    A no spend day for me! Needed to buy a car seat for my growing yound man, but I went on freecycle.org, and got a new booster seat for FREE! Plus I posted other items for others to take. I'm at the begining of my SL journey, so when one item enters the house one or more leaves the house. It felt sooooooo good! Pulling into the house knowing I won't have to purchase another car seat again! Off to a good start!
    Hi Bomahmie and Fellow Colorodan,
    Yea! Good for you!! I bet the pre-minimalist-you would have gone out and bought one without thinking to look on freecycle.org! Congrats on your new journey into minimalism...off to great start!

bunnys
    Quote Originally Posted by catccc View Post
    We have 2 kids, so I hope this is not true! I'll let you know how it goes. I'm aiming for 10 no spend days in September.
    Yeah, I reread that post and thought it was probably a little extreme. I have no kids so what do I know? But I do "hear" with kids every time you turn around it's a bunch of nickle and diming. So I would say you should probably apprise them of your plan in advance.

I have decided I'm going to do 6 spend days for the month. That's 24 no spend days. But I'm NOT starting early and in fact will spend tomorrow (31st) so I may be able to get through September on 5 spend days. But I am a natural no-spender. I haven't spent any money since last weekend--I don't think...

Me! Me! I'm in!

I will aim for four no-spend days each week. Five if I'm really on the ball. And no non-essential spending all month. We need to gas up the van and feed the kids, but we DO NOT need Starbucks or (gulp!) new yarn.

Welcome to the challenge and to the boards, Yemaya! I hear you on the coffee treats!
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

So your fibbing to yourself? Tea has caffeine.

Today is Grocery Shopping Day and I will fill up the van so today is a Big Spend Day instead of a No Spend Day.

With the fire ban in CO, we decided againt going camping. I was worried how we would no th No-spend thing, there always seems to be a last minute store run. So, we decided to camp in the back yard! Anything we need will be inside! Happy Labor Day weekend!!!!!

We used to have No Driving Days challenges here, too, as separate from No Spend days.

Thread Information