Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GORGEOUS 200 SF

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Wow - totally missed that! So I could fit that apartment in my house 7.5 times. I may even smile a little bit tomorrow when I pay my mortgage of $603.00
    Yup... NY city prices are wild. But... to live close to Manhattan for just a year... I would love it.

The sensible parts are that it is bright and that she has tried not to stuff too many things into it. I'd still lose my mind in it.

For that price I'd have to be living on Park Ave.

I am so over New York City, but it used to be the place I wanted to live. Only if I were uber rich would I consdier a place there, and then, it would be down the list after San Francisco. London, and someplace in England or Scotland.

I always find these things so strange. It is pretty but it's such in-the-box thinking, to me. Who would want five chairs plus a bench seat plus a bed in a 200 sq foot space??? Is the supreme court stopping in for tea? Or a dining table And a desk, both far away from the food prep area which has no counter space. Or a sink in the bathroom and then a second sink four inches away from it in the kitchen. Someone who couldn't muster the creativity to envision something other than diningroom-livingroom-office as how we must live, IMHO.

That is a great example of form meeting function!! Love it!

Gee, when I saw $1750 rent, I thought "Wow, cheap!" That's a fantastic area of New York. Believe me, she's LUCKY to pay ONLY $1750.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I live in Manhattan, and I didn't think the rent was out of line. Studios go for that rent in my building - maybe even a bit more per month - but the studios in my building are a little bigger with a separate space for the bedroom, but the kitchen is part of the living room. And as for having that many chairs in a studio, yes, people do entertain in NYC even in our small spaces. I myself long for another chair and the space to put it.

I like this one too and it's a bit more outside the box http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ficpnwl22.html

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    I like her space, it's clean, crisp and sunny. I think she was very clever in her design. Those iris photos are striking. Yowza, the rent is incredible from my POV, but I'm a small town dweller now and out of touch with city prices...once I stayed in NYC for a few days and my hotel room was so tiny that I suffered my first and only attack of claustrophobia...felt the walls squeezing in on me...

The Book Tiny, Tiny Houses was one of my inspirational ones when I built a 512 SF 1.5 story cabin. It was sooo gorgeous!

Thread Information