Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which SLN members' lives would you most like other than your own?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs-M View Post
    Additionally, can everyone just imagine the fun tea-party we'd have if we could all get-together?

P.S. I also dream of what it would be like to be able to give-out hugs. There are so many members I know of on the forum that could use a warm hug, and I'm just the person to give them.
    Mrs. M, you have the most generous spirit of anyone here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs-M View Post
    Additionally, can everyone just imagine the fun tea-party we'd have if we could all get-together?

P.S. I also dream of what it would be like to be able to give-out hugs. There are so many members I know of on the forum that could use a warm hug, and I'm just the person to give them.
    Hahaha! I'm a German from Scandinavia. Stand back.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris lily View Post
    hmmm, I thought that you were dog-less as well as husband-less. This is less of a dream than I originally thought, haha!

In my alternate life I have no dogs and husband, just a very swell fat cat.
    That's funny. Well, it's hard to find a husband with these dogs. In the future I will get submissive dogs, like my last two. These are two dominant females. Both rescues. Both very intense.

I think you would like the garden, though. It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris lily View Post
    Awakened Soul--her cottage, her garden. I'm there.

Loosechickens--I would like to try nomad life for a short time. I could probably do the nudie thing, too.

Spartana's ability to shun possessions and take off for adventure. And speaking of shunning possessions,

Fern and her 100 things and her cute house.
    Damn it! That is FAWN and her cute house.
    author of A Holy Errand

Quote Originally Posted by Fawn View Post
    Damn it! That is FAWN and her cute house.
    Where did I get "fern" anyway? She is a chatterbox in my neighborhood and is nothing like you!.

No offense, but I like my life better than anyone else's (the way it should be I think). If there is one person I most identify with though, it's Mighty Frugal from Toronto. I find myself in agreement with most of what she writes.

Oh, let's do have a teaparty! I nominate Mrs. M as hostess, because I don't have enough matching anything to do it well, or enough things that even coordinate a bit.Or maybe Iris Lily would dazzle us with her collection of china. BTW, I like my tea with sugar and milk. I'll volunteer to bring eclairs, if you don't mind being experimented on a bit, because dd wants eclairs for her birthday, and I have to practice. They will taste good, but the first ones might look a bit funky.
    There are parts I find enjoyable about the lives of so many here, but I could never really give up my life, my work and my family. Since I really believe I've found my "right livelihood", I sure wouldn't want to change that! I think it goes without saying that I could never leave my dgds, though there are other family members I might have to thnk about. I can think of at least one I would like to give to loose chickens, as my way of selling that person to the gypsies. I think she could whip him into shape, though. By and large I am content with most areas of my life, though, except for the never-ending housework. I do love that 5 seconds in the day when all the dishes are washed.

Quote Originally Posted by awakenedsoul View Post
    In the future I will get submissive dogs, like my last two. These are two dominant females. Both rescues. Both very intense.

Sounds like my pitty girl, she is very intense, sweet as can be, but so damn intense and she was a rescue as well. We joke that she has ADD. She's calmed down some now that she's almost 4 but sadly I can't wait for her to be a lazy old lady...if that ever happens

Quote Originally Posted by cattledog View Post
    No offense, but I like my life better than anyone else's (the way it should be I think). If there is one person I most identify with though, it's Mighty Frugal from Toronto. I find myself in agreement with most of what she writes.
    oh wow, I can't believe anyone even 'knows' me here. And isn't it odd that I had the exact thought you did when I saw this thread!

As in the non-virtual world, I like bits and pieces of everyone's life here. Or at least how they sound. Amazing how personalities come through in this medium. In my mind, I also have a visual of just about every regular contributor though I have no clue where those images come from.

Thread Information