Thread: Hey Peggy!

Hey Peggy!

Hey Peggy! I know you and I have gone round and round on some public policy issues. We will never see eye to eye, but, after DH recently ran for office, and I witnessed party politics from both sides, from the inside out, I can tell you that I have definitely moved my perspective. I am much more interested now in advocating for the human race than for a political party. Crazy world!!! Cheers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Catwoman View Post
    Hey Peggy! I know you and I have gone round and round on some public policy issues. We will never see eye to eye, but, after DH recently ran for office, and I witnessed party politics from both sides, from the inside out, I can tell you that I have definitely moved my perspective. I am much more interested now in advocating for the human race than for a political party. Crazy world!!! Cheers!!!
    It's really good to see things from both sides. There have been issues in the past where I just didn't understand, but then went through something and thought, Ahh, now I get it!
    Political parties are just a game, IMO, and I certainly like to play, but I know I need to step back sometimes and take a deep breath, and get over it!

I"m glad you are interested in advocating for people over politics. I do believe most people are, republicans and democrats, and we all pretty much fall in the middle, socially liberal and fiscally conservative (but of course most on this forum are! That's why we are here) It's the fringe, and their mouthpieces, Fox, Limbaugh, Schultz, etc...who deal in hate for political and monetary purposes. They really don't have our best interests at heart!

So what office did your husband run for? Has it changed his outlook? I certainly admire those who actually get in there and put themselves on the line, whichever party. I even admire bae for doing that (shh..don't tell him!) Talk is cheap but actions cost!

As to the race DH ran in, it was for a state office. I don't want to say more. Philosophically, his positions have not changed. However, I can say for both of us that belief in the integrity of anyone in party politics is tarnished. I would rather vote for an honest person of integrity than a scoundrel who happens to be in the "party". I can claim now to be an independent. I can also see through the spin from both sides. Pretty disgusted. I decided the only work I should in engage in to that degree again should be some kind of mission work. My DH ran an honest, issues-based race. His opponent lied and lied and still won through very deceptive practices. Politics as usual pretty much stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Catwoman View Post
    As to the race DH ran in, it was for a state office. I don't want to say more. Philosophically, his positions have not changed. However, I can say for both of us that belief in the integrity of anyone in party politics is tarnished. I would rather vote for an honest person of integrity than a scoundrel who happens to be in the "party". I can claim now to be an independent. I can also see through the spin from both sides. Pretty disgusted. I decided the only work I should in engage in to that degree again should be some kind of mission work. My DH ran an honest, issues-based race. His opponent lied and lied and still won through very deceptive practices. Politics as usual pretty much stinks.
    Sorry to hear that. The other guy may have won, but you and your husband are the real winners in my book. You may not have gotten the job, but you have your integrity and self respect.
    I hope you don't come away from this thinking all politicians are scum. They aren't. Your husband wasn't and I'm pretty sure he isn't the only one.

We do still have some good guys/gals in both parties - people of integrity and honor. Unfortunately, we crossed paths with some scumbags, well-connected scum-bags. I still have faith but see through different lenses now!

Thread Information