Thread: I may have missed it (no sticky that I see)

I may have missed it (no sticky that I see)

Can someone explain to me why one politics thread got locked, and so many others do not?
    Been off for a couple of days, and have opened a bunch of tabs to read when I come back home tonight (probably in the morning). 60+ hours a week on the job, and errands for the injured one on the day off, is beginning to wear on me: day 33 straight.

I did not immediately see a locked thread ToomuchStuff. I was gone most of last week/early this week so might have missed something. Can you share which thread was locked?

It looks like the thread "Romney's 47 percent comment" was locked yesterday by one of our administrators, while posting a response.

There has been no discussion about it and I believe it was simply an accident as it's quite easy to click the wrong button while you're responding to a thread.

I'll unlock it until such time as someone proves my assumption wrong.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Can someone explain to me why one politics thread got locked, and so many others do not?
    Been off for a couple of days, and have opened a bunch of tabs to read when I come back home tonight (probably in the morning). 60+ hours a week on the job, and errands for the injured one on the day off, is beginning to wear on me: day 33 straight.
    That's a long stretch to have no down time!

Never fear, you can read about the travails of Mitt Romney and his 47% on the other thread called "How Mitt Rmoney defines the Middle-class OMG!"

Wow sounds nightmarish. Hope you find a better situation soon (or at least eventually).
    Trees don't grow on money

Thank you Alan.

Actually have the day off today. Since I have been working six days a week, and on the seventh, doing errands for the boss that has been recovering, the other boss thought we got the crew up to specs enough, that he told me to "go play tomorrow and don't let me see you then". This is a very temporary situation (boss had an amputation) and what will become the new normal, may be known in a few more weeks. I expect we will be hiring soon.

Yes, that was the one that was locked. As a fairly new member, I didn't see anything glaring (like knock down drag out fights between members), that would leave me to believe it should have been locked. Seen some other sites, where politics threads, cause members to quit, use ignore lists, etc. Figured I should ask and learn, rather then keep my trap shut in ignorance.

The idea of little knots of SLNers rolling around in the dust pummeling each other amuses me, for some reason.

Thread Information