Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: your best walking shoes

your best walking shoes

I'm going on a trip of a lifetime with my 17 yr old dtr to Europe this summer. Lot's of walking! I have a nice pair of Avia tennis shoes, - "trainers" in England - but am thinking more of a "walking shoe." I've looked at Clarks but have not tried on a pair yet. I will make a trip to the city to shop where a larger selection of shoes is available.

My question, what walking shoes do you prefer?

Mrs-M
    My favourite walking shoes is a pair of Reebok Ladies Walkers. Plain white in colour with a comfortable cushioned bed. Nothing fancy, affordable, nice looking.

Mrs-M
    Tried posting a picture of mine to no avail. If you type in Reebok Ladies Walkers you'll find a selection of quality (raised/cushioned soled) walking shoes. By the way, all of my footwear under the Reebok name has lasted and held up incredibly. Fits really well too.

http://www.thewalkingcompany.com/naot.htm

i could walk for miles in my Naot shoes. True confession, I got them for $2 at a thrift store and had never heard of them, but they are just great. They are not like hiking boots for rougher terrain, but I walk to town and back, a mile, all the time in these shoes.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    Just ordered and broke in a new pair of walking shoes from New Balance. I'm pleased with them--they came in a wide size for my hard-to-fit foot. Ordered them online through Zappos, 'cause they had free shipping to me and back if they didn't fit...

I loved Rockport walking shoes and liked my walking shoes from New Balance when I couldn't find Rockports anywhere. Now I have some Avia trainers that by their design make your body work harder while walking. While these are great for workouts, I do not recommend them for extended shlepping around on holiday! Have a blast, by the way!

Although I bought something different recently, I have always been happy with New Balance. Should have stuck with them!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Wildflower
    I like my New Balance shoes for walking as well.

I swear by Riekers and Naot. I wouldn't bring any athletic shoe on the trip. They aren't as versatile. We did a trip a few years ago and I took a pair of Riekers. They were like walking on air in the day time and neutral enough that I could wear them for dressier events in the evening.

Mine aren't specifically 'walker's but Nike tennis shoes or cross-trainers fit my wider feet better than other brands I've tried. Asics are a good fit too, but harder to find at a good price. I prefer to get mine in Nike outlet stores where prices are better. When I find a pair I like, I'll buy several. I'm on my last pair (of 4) now. Guess I should start looking around again.

For years I got shoes at deep discount places like Ross, but every pair was different, and some shoes gave me foot problems, so now I'm more particular and willing to pay more. Though at the outlets, it's not too much more.

Thread Information