Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: your best walking shoes

I have worn New Balance for years, but had to use orthotic inserts for my collapsed arches. I recently bought Sketchers Shape Ups and my feet are VERY happy. (and I'm taller!)

I like my Keen's. I can get them for way below retail at Sierra Trading Post (one of the few online retailers I really like.) I believe Keen's accomadate orthotics; I just like them because they have lots of toe room for my wide feet, and good arch support.

Sigh. I can't find the right shoe. I've tried nikes, New Balance, Reebok, Danskos, Avias. The best were Avias and they were the cheapest. I've tried insoles. I'm just not able to find the right kind of shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by tealady View Post
    I'm going on a trip of a lifetime with my 17 yr old dtr to Europe this summer. Lot's of walking! I have a nice pair of Avia tennis shoes, - "trainers" in England - but am thinking more of a "walking shoe." I've looked at Clarks but have not tried on a pair yet. I will make a trip to the city to shop where a larger selection of shoes is available.

My question, what walking shoes do you prefer?
    the vast majority of shoes hurt my feet the minute I put them on. I have Morton's neuroma and arthritis in my feet. Last fall I tried the knock offs of those Skechers rocker type shoes that tone your muscles as you walk. Wow! Total comfort; I was positively frolicing! The Skechers cost $100+; my knockoffs at Payless were $50; I;m told Walmart has them for $25.

Merrills--all types.

I like Crocs (light, supportive, and comfortable, if not elegant), Rockport, Clarks, and clogs by Birkenstock and Dr. Martens. I also like Josef Seibel. I don't wear uncomfortable shoes ever--and I have a pair of happy, unblemished feet to show for it.

Mrs-M
    HappyHiker, Wildflower, Simplemind, Gina, Gardenarian, I think your avatars are

Mrs-M
    Shalom_Poet. I think your avatar is too!!!

My favorite walking shoe is the Merrell Spire Stretch. I’ve walked all over the UK, Europe, and Asia in them.

I travel with only the shoes on my feet (no extras) -- so they have to be comfortable enough for all-day walking, plus nice enough to go out to dinner. These have fit the bill perfectly.

rodeosweetheart
    Crocs-- I even wore a pair of dress pearl crocs to my son's wedding, and no one knew they were crocs-- 4.99 at the Croc outlet.

Thread Information