Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bright Spots in a Bleak Winter

I hate to say to northerners. but the bright spot for me was SNOW yesterday in Austin, TX. I woke up to a winter wonderland and it was pure magic all day. I walked with the dog all over...just amazing to have a snow day here. And then today, it is all gone...60 degrees and pure sunshine...can't beat that either. I am happy the darkness of winter is slowly fading and the sun is up earlier and doesn't set until after 6:00 now.

A picture of my little dog in the snow http://iliketomakethings.blogspot.com

I don't mind winter at all; in fact I love the snow and we can never have too much for my taste. I do get a bit tired of winter by March, though. I have two bright spots: tonight's super bowl party at our house and my birthday party at my friend's house next week. I love my life; I'm so fortunate.

@ Stella--those roses are beautiful! That was sweet of Zach to do. And the yellow color is so cheery during this drab time of year!
    @ kally--I hear you about the cats! Mine are the same way! They are cuddle monsters in the winter--always purring and sucking my body heat. In the summer, they could care less about me. LOL

I literally found a bright spot yesterday afternoon when the sun came out for awhile. It wasn't too cold, either, so I took a short walk. It felt so good to get outside and feel the sun on my face!

I always love it when I know the days are getting longer...

We've had a very mild, pleasant winter this year, but then we rarely have harsh ones along the coast.

This was dawn the other day:

Kat I love the yellow this time of year too. So cheery!

Gina I love your photo. I'm liking this feature of the new boards.

I talked to a really cute old lady at church this morning. I love getting out and meeting new people. That always brightens my day.

Another snow lover here. I love being able to step off the world and enjoy some quiet activities like knitting in front of our fire, making bread etc. When the sun sparkles on the fresh snow and our dog dances on our walk, I would never ever want to miss winter. It is just above freezing today so the snow is settling and won't be blowing around as much. DH has pushed and blown a lot of snow this year but basically is grateful to be able to do this.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I've really enjoyed noticing that it isn't dark now when I leave the office at night. And today was sunny, with lots of snow melting, and I did feel reassured that spring will be here soon!

I saw a bunch of robins today...they were poking forlornly at the snowdrifts! I'm in Michigan and we have gotten a lot of snow in the last week but seeing birds, any birds, gives me hope. I'm already looking for the tiger lily buds that come up right next to the brick foundation!

Here's today's bright spot.

My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

Wildflower
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinger View Post
    I hate to say to northerners. but the bright spot for me was SNOW yesterday in Austin, TX. I woke up to a winter wonderland and it was pure magic all day. I walked with the dog all over...just amazing to have a snow day here. And then today, it is all gone...60 degrees and pure sunshine...can't beat that either. I am happy the darkness of winter is slowly fading and the sun is up earlier and doesn't set until after 6:00 now.

A picture of my little dog in the snow http://iliketomakethings.blogspot.com
    Cute pic, Jinger, your dog looks to be enjoying the snow. My dogs love the snow too, but we've had way too much here.
    Bright spot today - DH wanted to plan a nice Valentine's Day with me. He was discussing various things we might enjoy doing that day. Awww, he touched my heart with that....
    Stella, I love the yellow roses, they are my favorite!! I have a rosebush that blooms beautiful yellow roses all summer long. So looking forward to smelling roses again!
    Oh, and your girls are so cute. How old are they? My DGD just turned 7. She is so much fun. I love cooking with her these days. I gave her a miniature china tea set for her birthday last week and we've had a great time having tea parties with her American Girl dolls. Another bright spot!

Thread Information