Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bright Spots in a Bleak Winter

The bulb garden is about to pop!!! I am so excited to see where it's at when we get home from work!!

Today will be much warmer. We have a Jump Rope for Heart day at work and I am wearing my workout-bra-of-steel and my workout capris so I can participate and get some endorphin action. In the past I've wanted to participate and the girls prevented me from doing so. Not this year! Prepared!
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Oh fun! I used to love jump roping, but I have the same problem. Where did you get you get the workout-bra-of-steel? I need one of those.
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

My bright spots for the day; Girl's night out! Zach Is having his best friend over so he gets to have Boys Night In. He is going to have fun.

This morning I played playdough with the kids and used up some soon to expire yogurt to make Popsicles. Yum! My inner six year old is a happy girl.
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

Stella, the brand is Enell. I forgot where I ordered it but somewhere online. It really is a miracle. It went pretty well all-in-all. I did a bit of jumping in the morning but not much in the afternoon. The youngers needed more crowd control.

The bulb garden bloomed! Oh, sweet daffodils! Pics to come.
    Kelli

Since we've been covered in snow, I haven't been able to ride my horse, so I just walk him up and down the driveway to give us both exercise. Yesterday he spotted a small patch of grass along the edge of the driveway. He practically yanked my arm out of its socket to drag me to it and I think he would've done a cartwheel--he was so excited!! Unfortunately when all of this stuff melts, he'll remember how much fun it is to roll in mud.

The days are getting longer and he's started to shed out his woolly mammoth winter coat. Ugh, the warmer weather brings hours of grooming and being covered in itchy hair.

@pony, my dad has minis and they are definitely woolly, too!! So cute.

Today was one of the best days in a long time. I am feeling 1000% better than yesterday. It was a whopping 45 degrees or maybe even warmer. The sun was still faint in the sky even as we emerged from Brasa and our decidedly non-frugal, delicious dinner. We went for our longest walk with the dog in months.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel!
    Kelli

It's been 75 degrees in central Texas for a few days now. Dare I hope we'll have no more arctic blasts this winter?

Thread Information