Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Yay, yay!"

Yay, yay Ryan. I suppose being from Wisconsin it will be difficult for you to root for my Huskers. Maybe we can compare notes from the tailgates to achieve de'tente. Seriously, jump right in to every discussion that interests you. It's a good group and we're happy to have you here!

BTW: I go along with the notion that Your Money or Your Life is worth a read.
    "Back when I was a young boy all my aunts and uncles would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying your next! Your next! They stopped doing all that crap when I started doing it to them... at funerals!"

I too meant to say Hello & Welcome a while back and didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse to synapse View Post
    I think I may have vastly overdone this introduction, and I hope that my walls of text don't deter you from reading.
    Never TMI here! You'll see such thorough discussions here that will make you blush sometimes... ranging from how many squares of toilet paper people use for #2 to things that are of the most personal nature in their family/friend interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse to synapse View Post
    My name is Ryan, I'm 23 years of age, and live in Wisconsin. I went to College for Communications/Media Studies, hoping to become a Sports Journalist, as I was (and to a much lesser extent now) a fan of the NFL, NCAA College Football, and the NBA. I grew up watching these with my father, and my earliest memories are actually watching Football games with my dad. I played them throughout school, and still do today, but only in recreational leagues. I still have a good time, though.

I still enjoy watching them, but understand that they are simply a form of entertainment, akin to television shows, movies, or video games. I do not have a vested interest in any one team, do not yell and scream if a certain team loses, and really, as said, just enjoy watching the game be played at high levels. I became disenchanted recently, with the whole replacement referee outcry, and how people were up in arms, swearing, cussing, and being just plain "strange" all about a simple game, that 9 times out of 10 does not directly impact their life (save for an actual Player, Coach, or Staff member of the team or league, or if one has an immediate family member who is a player, coach, or otherwise a member of the league).
    I too love sports of all kinds, and specifically follow SEC Football.
    I despise the bastardization of sports by corporate interests.
    I totally understand that sports is a business in many instances and can deal with that as my hometown if VERY dependent on SEC sports, but unbridled greed is to the detriment of most things it touches.

Welcome! and we all look forward to getting to know you better. Be happy that you found this path so early in life!

Thread Information