Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: October Gratitude

Fantastic weather here too. Warm-autumn, with blue skies and flashing yellow leaves. My morning walks are like walking through a painting. I lived for quite a while where we didn't truly have autumn, and this is exactly what I missed so much, and am so thankfull for now.

Today, grateful for my body which, though a half-century old, still carries me around nicely.

Had a yoga class today with a woman who survived breast cancer and now is trying to deal with two bad knees; she has to really think before going down onto the mat, because she's never sure if she's going to be strong enough to get herself back up. She is only 3 years older than I am. Counting my blessings.

I am grateful for today.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Grateful to have my youngest home from school for a few days. Well, I'd be more grateful if I ever actually got to see him lol

We stopped on the way home at his high school xc teams meet. It was wonderful to watch the kids run & catch up with the parents. Grateful for the many good years DS had with a fantastic coach & so many good kids.

Today I give thanks to the great Whatever for having the resources to stock up on food for the winter. Legumes, rices, flours, oats, and all the fruits/vegetables put up and bought in bulk (like my two cases of roasted tomatoes, which will last me a good long time). I am so thankful to have the financial resources to protect my family in this way. We may not have a lot in possessions, but we are wealthy in food and in love.

I am sooo grateful that DH and I were able to sell my mother's car in the first 24 hours of sticking a sign on it, on day I was off work. DH is home all day and was balking at having to deal with calls, we are the only ones on a main road w/traffic to sell things quickly - and I was dreading hearing about all of it, from everyone. Now it is gone, and I am so glad!

Grateful for one more bright, warm, sunny day before the snow starts flying on Thursday.

Happy we're getting a soft, steady rain. I think it could rain this way for a week and we might approach being where we should be with moisture! But grateful nonetheless!
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Am so great full that we found a house that has almost everything we wanted in a nice neighborhood for a great price. Am so grateful to my husband who worked so hard to make this happen after we had a terrible financial downfall five years ago.

As always that I have a wonderful compassionate husband who really loves me, and our precious dog Nellie that I just adore.

Also very thankful for a man named David Furlong who helped me out of a life-threatening situation -- free of charge, when his help would have cost me thousands of dollars if I had to pay. He continues to periodically help me free of charge. What an amazing man he is. So kind and giving. I really didn't know him that well but he specialized in my problem and was so kind and caring to me. I am so thankful that he saved my life...

Although we're not really the costume-and-party type, grateful for the friend who decided to have a costume Halloween party this year, so we could be silly, connect with neighbors and friends, and enjoy good company, a crackling fire, and a nice glass of wine together. It's the small things that give life its joy.

Thread Information