Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Have you turned on the heat yet?

Started our first woodtove fire last week when the inside temp was 58 degrees. Love the frugal heat; not crazy about the work.

Not here on the Texas Gulf Coast. In fact, I had to turn the a/c back on this afternoon.

No. It's not cold here, except at night. Which hasn't stopped the neighbors from firing up their stench-belching wood stoves.

Well we broke down and put the heat on last night it's just too chilly and my dog has arthritis so I don't want her getting too cold...

Nope, but I did have it on one evening in July. Good ol' San Francisco!

We are still in the process of installing the wood burning insert for the fireplace...so no heat yet. It's rather chilly here at night though. Grandmom bought my little one a heated mattress pad for her birthday last night and I promised I'd put it on her bed tonight so she'll be super toasty. The rest of us are just sleeping with extra blankets and I'm okay with that for now.

Last night was the first night we (staying with sis right now) turned on the heat here in SoCal and put on a fleece jacket over our shorts (still both wearing shorts and tee shirts of course). Unfortunately it's only a temporary thing as it's suppose to get hot again (high 80's/low 90's) starting Sunday. I'll be up in the mountains this weekend where it's nice and cold right now - even some snow today - but it will also be warmer there by the weekend. Maybe upper 60's/low 70's but in the 20's and 30's at night. Will definetly have the heat on by then for sure!!

Thread Information