Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dressed to kill

dressed to kill

Singer and grismeijer wrote this book. I'm reading it now.

Anybody else read it? Comments?

Tammy: I'm intrigued by the title. What's it about?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dressed_to_Kill_(book)

There's a summary.

It's about the correlation between breast cancer and the compression of lymphatic tissues by bras.

I just read the chapter where this correlation is shown to be many times greater than the correlation between smoking and lung cancer.

It also touches on some other fashion trends that impact our health.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post

There's a summary.

It's about the correlation between breast cancer and the compression of lymphatic tissues by bras.

I just read the chapter where this correlation is shown to be many times greater than the correlation between smoking and lung cancer.

It also touches on some other fashion trends that impact our health.
    Billy Barebutt knew this years ago and regularly lectured here on that issue.

Most scientists since it was written 20 years ago think its not true. But then I think differently from most scientists on several things ...

Thanks, Tammy. I remember reading an in-depth article about that quite some time ago, probably when the book was published. I kind of liked the theory because I don't like bras that much! I'm one of those smaller women who can often go without. And of course, it is seductive to think breast cancer could be eliminated so easily - well maybe not all that easily given the power of societal norms over our behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris lily View Post
    Billy Barebutt knew this years ago and regularly lectured here on that issue.
    I.L., I burst out laughing at this. Was Billy Barebutt really a poster here, or did you just make him up to show the "wimmins should go braless" perspective?

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post

Could that be a little like the old pseudostatistic "most car accidents occur within 10 minutes of home" (duh, because most car trips are 10 minutes from home)

The larger-breasted the woman, the more they need/try to bind those girls in place. And if you have more breast tissue, seems like you would have a higher risk of developing tumors in it. Wouldn't that logic make sense? Or am I just wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by puglogic View Post
    I.L., I burst out laughing at this. Was Billy Barebutt really a poster here, or did you just make him up to show the "wimmins should go braless" perspective?
    oh no! He was real! A real pain in the ass for some. I thought he was funny in his first incarnation, but not so sure about his later incarnations.

I believe in the bra/breast cancer connection. Somewhere in the Health Forum in the past, I posted a video about Pfluffing the Girls, made by a massage instructor who teaches Cancer Massage. Bras stop breasts from moving, which stops lymph flow from the lymph glands under your arms.

Lymph flow can easily be increased throughout your body by dry brushing or some jumping on a trampoline.

I'm only a 34A and am much more comfortable w/o a bra, but it's not possible in most places outside of my home. I can't imagine being larger and needing one all the time.

I also believe in the breast cancer/antiperspirant connection as well.

Thread Information