Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Serious case of the fall "mehs" -- anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Yea I think so, it often makes me seriously tired (the lack of light), and yea it's dark when I get off work (never even mind when I actually get home). I am glad we are done with the heat though, I had quite enough of those 105 degree days thanks.
    Well I heard it's going to be in around 90 starting this weekend in LA - hotter further inland so it's not over yet! And lets not forget the dreaded Santa Ana winds - UGH - I hate those with a passion. I'll be outta here by then myself so won't "sweat it" too much :-)! Love it here today though - some rain & some cool temps. Too bad it doesn't last.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    I've got the "Mehs" too. I love fall and feel ripped off that I'm spending most of it laying around with my leg elevated. It'll be healed just in time to slip on the ice.
    Pretty much spent today trying to hold back the tears from feeling so sorry for myself.
    I'm trying to work a little this week and must say it is harder than I thought it would be - having my foot down leaves me with pins and needles, swelling, and pain.
    Sorry to hear about your leg (just read that you broke it awhile back).mMust be tough not only to deal with the pain, but the physical limitaions as I know you are a very active person. Hope it heals soon and is better then ever !

Feeling a little fall ugh too. In some ways fall is a little exciting because I feel more like baking and don't have to worry so much about yard work beyond raking. OTOH, the fading light and chilly mornings are blechy, and we are getting a little of the worst of both worlds right now with *still* having wildfires/smoke but also the dark, chilly weather. It's definitely more difficult to get up in the mornings-I've skipped a couple of runs because it was cold and dark. If you're able to go to the gym, definitely try to do that more. What helps me in that regard is splurging a tiny bit on some new music (or if audiobooks are your thing, that works). It's not much $ and something to help get you motivated to get up when the alarm goes off. I also have a swim group I go with, so I know I'll get people asking why I skipped if I didn't go, and that's just enough to get me over the hump of actually going sometimes. Good luck. Exercise is hard to start but has so many great effects, it's worth doing a few little things to help yourself get in/stay in the habit, esp healing from an injury.
    If you can possibly, possibly take 10 min each lunchtime or whenever and do a short walk outside to get sunlight and a little more gentle exercise it will be worth it as well. I am guilty of working through lunch or getting on the internet or some such, and I too need to take my own advice. I work in a basement so no natural light and as the days get short I think I am going to need it!

Thread Information