Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tiny House Designs

Wildflower
    I love these tiny houses! Not sure I could live in ones that small, but double the space, put it by the lake and I would be happy!

Thanks for sharing, Tussie!

these are sooo cute! I love small little cabins and houses. I often rent a very tiny studio cabin up in the mountains where I use to live (Big Bear Lake, CA) and it's probably around 400 sf - maybe 300 sf - even has indoor jacuzzi tub with a fireplace set into the rock wall. Would love to have a little place that that for myself. Since I have decided to stay in SoCal permanently to be near my sister (and my dog-sitter ;-)!) and all my friends (but will still travel several months each year), I'll move back up there soon so have been looking at tons of very cute little places to rent.

Jacuzzi bathtub in the cabin I rent:

That is adorable. I'm so glad I bought my little cottage when I did. I bet you'll find a good deal up in Big Bear. There are so many pluses to small homes. The one in your photo looks so uncluttered and charming.

Quote Originally Posted by awakenedsoul View Post
    That is adorable. I'm so glad I bought my little cottage when I did. I bet you'll find a good deal up in Big Bear. There are so many pluses to small homes. The one in your photo looks so uncluttered and charming.
    Yeah, lots of cute inexpensive places to rent or buy in BBL. You can rent a 3 bedroom house with a fenced yard for less than the cost of a tiny one bedroom apt in the coastal or city areas of SoCal. Plau it's very dog-friendly. It's probably the only area of SoCal I like that is both affordable and stays cool year round and has 4 seasons. It's got a cute village, lots of outdoor recreational and sports stuff close by, I can pretty much ride my bike everywhere, it's surrounded by Nat Forest on all sides, 2 good ski resorts, the lake, etc... and it's close to my sister (and pet-sitter!) and friends. Not too shabby of a place to live. But I don't want to buy up there again, just rent a furnished house this time with no long term commitment. BBL is great for that. I lived there for several years when I first quit my job. Sold my house in "the O.C." and bought a very cute 3 bedroom chalet up there for about 1/4 the price I sold the OC house for. It was a two story place and probably small by most people's standards (base of house was 25 ft by 25 ft with a wrap around deck) but too big for me. I sold that place so I could travel full time with my 2 big dogs. But that proved WAY TOO difficult, so I ended up back up there renting a place part of the year and just travelling a few months each year. Probably what I'll do again.
    Last edited by Spartana; 10-10-12 at 2:16pm.

Thread Information