Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The prudent homemaker. -- .40 cent meals

The prudent homemaker. -- .40 cent meals

Know that some here try to figure out the cheapest they can spend in making a meal. This website and blog are great. This woman puts together .40 cent meals. The only thing is she stockpiles her pantry and has a garden which she also does canning from. Not everyone has that option, but maybe there are things she is doing that will help others...

http://theprudenthomemaker.com/

Thank you for the link Tussie. I spent some time on her site and enjoyed it - another frugal living learning opportunity.

What a wonderful website... thank you for sharing it with us!

I don't really know a whole lot about LDS, but I loved that LDS scripture verse on the front page...
    In the Midst of Affliction My Table is Spread
    "If ye are prepared ye shall not fear" (D&C 38:30)

One thing that I love about pursuing what I call 'good clean living', which to me is what simple living is all about. is that it just fits with basic spiritual universal truths.

This site is sooo....beautiful. It really stands out, its like Martha Stewart in its white space and beautiful photos. The menus look like things I would really eat too. A number of the frugal blogs I've found have stuff that's cheap to make but not stuff I would really eat long term unless I was desparate.

Thanks Tussiemussies. That's a beautiful, inspiring site.

Mrs-M
    Thank you for posting, Tussie.

Does anyone remember, Marianne? She was a newcomer that quickly got involved with the forum, and she did a week or ten days of .40 cent meals (if I remember correctly). I enjoyed that thread so much. I miss her company. She was a great addition to our home.

Mrs-M
    Just found the started thread by Marianne, I was talking about. For anyone interested, here it is.

She has the most interesting recipe for mock chicken fried steak using.....oatmeal and spices! Looks amazing. Anyone try that one?

That looks cool. Anyone who eats a "normal" diet (non paleo, WAPF, etc) would do well with it.

That is a very pretty site -- look forward to exploring.

The back story is truly scary, though. I'm glad she is a woman of strong faith and spirit. I probably would have had a nervous breakdown in the middle of all that stress, nevermind having the wherewithal to create something so beautiful, resourceful, and helpful to others.
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

Thread Information