Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Bowl: The Commercials

The young woman who sang just before her had a beautiful voice.......don't know who she was, as I missed the introduction, and don't recognize singers (for example I wouldn't have recognized Christine Aguilera, either), but that other young woman didn't "fancy" up her song, just sang beautifully.

Why do singers ALWAYS think they have to "gussy up" the national anthem. Sometimes you can hardly recognize the tune, even, they add so much of their "own" stuff......

o.k., the ole curmudgeon is slinking back into her cave, hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by loosechickens View Post
    The young woman who sang just before her had a beautiful voice.......don't know who she was, as I missed the introduction, and don't recognize singers (for example I wouldn't have recognized Christine Aguilera, either), but that other young woman didn't "fancy" up her song, just sang beautifully.

Why do singers ALWAYS think they have to "gussy up" the national anthem. Sometimes you can hardly recognize the tune, even, they add so much of their "own" stuff......
    The young woman is one of the stars from Glee. She is fantastic and ironically, I didn't consider her America the Beautiful to be anywhere near her best. Lot of wonderful young singers on that show. My daughter got me hooked.

If you had caught the Chicago Bears games in the playoffs you would have been treated to one of the best Star Spangled Banner renditions ever delivered before a sporting event. An incredible operatic tenor just belting out straight the way it is supposed to be. Sent chills down my spine both games I saw him at.
    "There are too many books in the world to read in a single lifetime; you have to draw the line somewhere." --Diane Setterfield, The Thirteenth Tale

Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    Can we have a vote for Worst Performance of Star Spangled Banner ever?
    According to Time Magazine here are the 10 worst of all time. Hard to argue that any of them don't deserve to be on the list.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/pa...889689,00.html

Thread Information