Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Financial Update, YTD

Forum Financial Update, YTD

NRM has provided it's 3rd Quarter financial statement showing YTD expenses.

The following applies to the forums:

Donations: $663

Bank Fees: $ 18.94
    Contract Labor:$283.41
    Web&Internet: $680.47

TotalExpense: $982.82

Balance: ($319.82)

Contract Labor expense accounts for paid work by NRM staff to administer the site during the first quarter of the year. This work is now performed by a volunteer so should not be considered an on-going expense.

During the board meeting, held on Monday 10/15/12, the 2013 calendar year budget was proposed and approved at $1500. This should be adequate to maintain the site license and hosting expenses, emergency maintenance fees in the event of further site hacking and a small balance for incidental expenses that may arise.

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I will send a check to New Road Map Foundation tomorrow. I'll put "Simple Living Forum" in the subject line. Thanks to all the volunteers!

Quote Originally Posted by awakenedsoul View Post
    Could you please post the address where we can send a check? I believe last time I wrote "Simple Living Forum" in the memo line. Do we make it out to Financial Integrity? (Sorry, it's been a while.)
    I can get that in the mail right away.
    Sure, see the address below. Checks should be directed to the New Road Map Foundation and donations will be credited to the forums if you list SLF or something similar in the memo field.

New Road Map Foundation
    PO Box 1363
    Langley, WA 98260

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks so much for volunteering, Alan, to save us that $283+. This is the best run the boards has ever been. They are at their leanest and most efficient. Really decent moderation as welll (meaning: hardly any.)

Alan, did you get a total # of donations for the year? I'll add a matching dollar figure to my standard personal contribution, as noted in my earlier pledge commitment.

FYI, for those who are considering donating, you can do it through Paypal but they take a cut. If you want 100% of your donation to go to the forums please consider sending a check. For those who have ING accounts, I think it is pretty easy to send an electronic check straight from your online account. I'm going to do it that way this time instead of using paypal.

lhamo
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

Quote Originally Posted by lhamo View Post
    Alan, did you get a total # of donations for the year?
    Not yet, Rozie will be sending me a more detailed report in a few days. I'll let you know.

Thanks for the info, Alan. I'm on my way to the P.O. to mail my check...

Is it against the forum charter to put advertising with Adsense and/or Amazon banners on the site? Based on the current Alexa ranking and the topics (finance related) I think you'd make at least $100 a day, maybe more in annual advertising earnings.

You could at least get Amazon affiliate fees for the Money or Your Life and related books or maybe affiliate links some pre-screened sponsors like maybe Gaiam if you don't want the keyword based, software selected ads.

Quote Originally Posted by try2bfrugal View Post
    You could at least get Amazon affiliate fees for the Money or Your Life and related books or maybe affiliate links some pre-screened sponsors like maybe Gaiam if you don't want the keyword based, software selected ads.
    I like the Amazon affiliate link idea. Little clutter, and gives forum visitors/members an opportunity to buy books that will kick back to the forums. I have bought several copies of YMOYL over the years. If I loan mine out and never get it back, I replace it. I never ask for it back, feeling like it's a little gift to the universe.

I've seen forums that use ads, and few do it well. I like our ad-free space, but of course, I'm not the be-all, end-all of the word on that.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

BTW, thanks for the updates, Alan. So nice to know when more donations are needed and what they are going towards.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Thread Information