Thread: Wireless cameras for the coop?

Wireless cameras for the coop?

I know that sounds bizarre, but sometimes I think it would come in really handy.
    With this bad weather, it would be nice to be able to check them out from the house.
    I'd like one that I could remotely turn from in the house, so I could count all the chickens in the coop at the end of the day (if the weather was really bad).
    I know of some people who do have a camera in the coop. Some people even have a chicken-door automatic opener! I wouldn't want it to be too easy, because I like to check on them at least 1-2 times a day.
    But in really bad weather, or my knee is doing really badly, I'd love to be able to see what's going on out there!

Simple enough to do. All you need is a power source and proximity to a wireless router, probably within about 300 ft (less if the signal has to penetrate multiple walls).

Although the PTZ (pan, tilt, zoom) functionality makes a simple wireless camera a little more pricey, it would certainly do the trick for you.

Edited to add:
    This got me to thinking and a quick google search shows that it's not quite as expensive as I first thought. See a good candidate here.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information