Thread: Another gardening confession...

Red face Another gardening confession...

Okay, my name is Greg44 and I really don't like fresh tomatoes out of the garden I like the hot house tomatoes I buy at the grocery store. Maybe it is the OCD in me. I like my vegetables uniform.
    Home grown tomatoes taste "too tomato-ie" if that makes sense.

You are among friends here. Admitting you have a problem is the first step :0)

hahahaha
    Thanks for trusting us enough Greg to tell us your secret. We still love you.

Mrs-M
    LOL, Simplemind!

It takes a lot of courage to stand-up and accept ones faults and struggles, but Gregg44, you're among friends here today, and that's why we are here, to help and support one another. Let's all give Gregg44, a hand, everybody.

Re: garden-grown veggies, I love 'em! Short of some of the goods we pick off our garden looking oddly misshapen, the taste is second to none! Tomatoes and cucumbers, my favourite!!!

OK, well, as long as we are confessing, I don't like growing vegetables! I do grow some, like tomatoes, but I just loath doing it! I love growing/tending tree crops, fruits and nuts, and flowers and shrubs, and fish, but vegs, not so much.
    My ultimate plan is to trade my fruits, nuts, Christmas greenery, and fish for the garden vegs.
    Whew! I feel better. We need to form a support group Greg.

I don't like the carrots DH grows, they taste like soap. It was liberating that year when I threw off the mantle of home grown carrots and told him: no more. I will not eat your soapy-tasting carrots.

I stopped in to give Greg44 a little lukewarm support, you know, "its ok, we all have something weird...". Then the rest of you anti-veggie people started coming out of the woodwork. You're like zombies! I'm running far and fast back to the warm, safe environs of public policy.
    "Back when I was a young boy all my aunts and uncles would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying your next! Your next! They stopped doing all that crap when I started doing it to them... at funerals!"

Hi Gregg, think my DH is on board with you, that is all he bought all summer long...

I am glad to see I am not alone. When I was at the grocery store Saturday night I saw the Hot House Tomatoes sitting so perfectly in their black plastic crate. I reached for one and thought, oh crap, we have tomatoes sitting on the counter at home.

I longed for a tomato, avocado, lettuce, (yes ICEBERG) sandwich on toast. When I got home I discovered my dw had used all the rest of the garden the tomatoes in a wonderful spaghetti sauce!

Thread Information