Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In OH and CO who counts the votes?

Quote Originally Posted by loosechickens View Post
    ... Perhaps all this smoke and mirrors of worrying about people registering to vote fraudulently provides excellent cover for the quiet manipulation of the whole system. ..
    Oh those waskally wepublicans, at it again.

Well, that's easy, ya'll who distrust-- use the paper ballot.

Computers counting votes OMG. Half of the time I can not even turn on my new iPad or even type the correct words with what they call a key board.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    We were all pretty much convinced voter fraud is a non-issue a couple weeks back.
    gee gregg, while you are quoting me from another thread, why didn't you include the part where I said that when voter fraud happened in the past, it usually occurs in the transmission of votes, or in the counting of votes (Florida, although it also helped that Bush had a brother to 'help' him along).
    Pretty disingenuous to try to take my words out of context (you know we were discussing individual voter fraud) and use them here, which is probably why it is bad form and frowned upon to lift words from another thread to use elsewhere. Right? But you know that, as a moderator and all....

For the record, my words, that were lifted from another thread and used here (against me i presume) were from a discussion about voter ID laws requiring ridiculous hoop jumping to vote. Individuals voting, or not voting. Not a discussion about vote counting, tossing registrations (which apparently is a favorite tactic of the right) or rigging voting machines. In these areas, voter fraud DOES happen. Voter ID laws don't address this.

Thanks Alan for link. In the discussion after that article, was a link that that seemed to answer my question
    http://verifiedvoting.org/verifier/ a database of the voting machine technologies and the vendors, around the USA

According to this data base, Hart Intercivic is the vendor of machines for either absentee or in-person voting in
    California
    Colorado
    Indiana
    Kentucky
    Hawaii
    Illinois
    Oklahoma
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Virginia (Alexandrai, Charlottesville, Falls Church)
    Washington

Incidentally Diebold and Sequoia also are major vendors. If I have a little spare time I'd like to find out if either of those two companies are under investigation for allegations of rigging voting results.

In Ohio, Hart Intercivic does the job for Hamilton County (565,418 registered voters) and Williams County (25,633 registered voters).

Based on the NYT listing of "Swing" Presidential States with the most electoral votes up for grabs in 2012, the vendors of vote-counting machinery are:

Florida (29 Electoral Votes)
    Diebold
    Election Systems and Software
    Sequoia Voting Systems

Pennsylvania (20 Electoral Votes)
    Diebold
    Hart Intercivic
    Sequoia Voting Systems
    Danaher Controls

Ohio (18 Electoral Votes)
    Diebold
    Hart Intercivic

Virginia (13 Electoral Votes)
    Diebold
    Hart Intercivic
    Sequoia Voting Systems
    Advanced Voting Systems
    Unilect
    Peripheral Dynamics

http://tinyurl.com/d3jltam

The above Washington Post article talks about campaign shenanigans in a Democratic Congressman's Virgina district. Were they planning to cast ballots for dead people? hmmmm, you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris lily View Post
    http://tinyurl.com/d3jltam

The above Washington Post article talks about campaign shenanigans in a Democratic Congressman's Virgina district. Were they planning to cast ballots for dead people? hmmmm, you decide.
    Sounds like they should consult with a Democratic politican from Chicago. Always turn to the pros for advice.
    "Back when I was a young boy all my aunts and uncles would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying your next! Your next! They stopped doing all that crap when I started doing it to them... at funerals!"

I wonder if the situation was reversed, and it was the Obama family who owned stock in these voting machine companies, which also just happened to be used in critical states - would we hear any concern then? or would it also just be laughably paranoid?

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    I wonder if the situation was reversed, and it was the Obama family who owned stock in these voting machine companies, which also just happened to be used in critical states - would we hear any concern then? or would it also just be laughably paranoid?
    I think the issue would be raised, it will always be raised, humans don't trust other humans or human political machines. That's not always a bad thing.

Voter fraud and election tampering are different issues.

Thread Information