Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dress-attire no-no's (outside the home)...

Oh, AnneM, those are truly cringeworthy...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Cellane View Post
    All the guys in my family wear bike shorts under their kilts. Apparently the wool is really scratchy.

Sigh. Another illusion bites the dust.
    Bike shorts?

Real Scots go regimental!

Quote Originally Posted by IshbelRobertson View Post
    Bike shorts?

Real Scots go regimental!
    Not even just real Scots. My DH and I go to a lot of Scottish Games and other events and hang out with a lot of people in kilts; DH wears a kilt. Among these men, it's pretty much a point of pride that they are wearing their kilts properly. So, Miss Cellane, you can keep your illusions; your family members are in the minority.

Kara

A helpful infographic: Am I Wearing Pants?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sly/am-i-wearing-pants

Maribeth: That is a riot!

Everything mentioned above, and, jeans that are strategically holey/frayed so that underwear shows through the holes. I live in rural E TN, and I've seen it all. Except the kilts, which would be a welcome change.

Oh gosh, I wear sweatpants all the time, and have been known to walk the dog in my pjs. I wear yoga pants to work, and that is about as formal as I get! Simple living for me equals being comfortable and not spending a lot on what I wear - and not caring what other people think about it!

I don't really have anything that I wouldn't wear outside (as far as regular clothes go). SoCal is a pretty relaxed kind of place clothing-wise and no one bats an eye at most attire - including PJ's and definetly not sweats as EVERYONE wears them all the time. And if they don't wear sweats, they wear a more fashionable look like yoga pants. I usually wear shorts everywhere with running shoes and a fitted tee-shir - and if it's cold with Ugg boots and a hoodie. I put that on in the morning for my run and it pretty much stays on all day until I go home in the evening. If it's really cold out I wear yoga pants or leggings with snowboots like Sorels and a fllece hoodie or parka. I definetly dress-down and casual for the most part.

Spartana - I'm in California too and I do think it is more casual than the rest of the Universe. Works for me!

Nothing surprises me anymore about what people wear. I think the last time I took a second look was when I saw what was obviously a man dressed as a woman - an ugly woman he was. One thing that bothers me a bit is when young women flaunt their assets so to speak. Although it may give them a sense of power to be gazed upon by every male out there, I guess it doesn't occur to them that when they dress like that, most men think of only one thing. At least that's what dh tells me.

Thread Information