Thread: Cardio Without A Gym

heydude

Cardio Without A Gym

How do you get your cardio out if you do not have a gym membership?

Hiking, dog walking, fencing, kettlebells, woodsplitting, jujitsu, ...

Fast walking, jogging/running, jumping jacks, running up and down stairs, check out aerobics DVD's from the library or get them from a thrift shop.

vaccuuming, scrubbing the floors, mowing the grass, shoveling snow, weeding, raking leaves........and everything already mentioned. You just don't need a gym.

I carry a backpack that averages 12lb across campus, sometimes at high speed when I have 10 minutes between classes, and always take the stairs.

Then there's running from the saber-toothed tiger, or wooly mammoth, or trying to outrun the lava flow, or the cannibals...........

Plain walking-more. People who live the longest in some remote part of the world do not go to gyms!

They just walk, and walk up hill, down hill ,around town, or ride their bicyles.

Hiking in an area with hills and also DVDs. I also have a connector cable to hook up my iPod up to our TVs so I can dance to music videos. We have bikes but we don't bike fast enough to get any cardio from that. Also when we take the bikes the dog gets left behind and goes into a funk so we usually hike instead so he can come along. I think we are going to get a trailer for him so we can bike and he can come along.

I had a mini trampoline that worked good for cardio but the jumping bothered my ankles so I had to give it away.

Quote Originally Posted by heydude View Post
    How do you get your cardio out if you do not have a gym membership?
    Hill walking, run/walking, cardio videos on SparkPeople.com or library DVD or YouTube, exercise bike (you can get one cheap on Craigslist often), dancing, classes at the rec center (zumba, african dance, cross-training), and all the things mentioned above. I haven't had a gym membership for 20 years.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    Today I got in cardio by collecting all the branches blown down by Sandy and carting them to the curb. Then I raked up a bunch of leaves and did the same thing with the wheelbarrow. Bending, lifting, walking, reaching, pushing, dumping...and repeat. I'm bushed! But the yard looks a bit better.
    peaceful, easy feeling

Thread Information