Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ways I found to Save $800 in 2013!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by awakenedsoul View Post
    My dad and I were talking about property taxes in CA the other day. He reminded me that the first year they are more expensive. I'd forgotten about that. Then they drop down and can only go up 2% a year. I kind of wish I had a gym membership right now that my bathtub and shower are out of commission. Maybe I can get a trial somewhere until the remodeling is done. It's so interesting to me to hear about other people's monthly expenses. I'm lucky that mine are so low. Right now I'm getting a real charge from spending on home repair. I didn't realize how that kind of stuff was weighing me down, subconsciously.
    I'm getting my gym membership via Costco. Two years unlimited access to any 24 Hour Fitness club for $350. There are around 5 24 Hour Fitnes gyms near the new digs - one just a mile away - so will use it alot. My sister, a gym rat, already has one that she's had for many years and it only costs her $50/year now. We always joke that all we need to survive is our trucks (both have trucks with shells on them) to sleep/live in and a gym membership to shower and use the bathroom and "hang out" in. Probably the most practical anti-homeless things we can have in a disaster.

And the other expense I'll have is a new Calif State Park Pass. Went up from $125/year to $195. YIKES. But worth it as I'll use it alot.

Quote Originally Posted by heydude View Post
    4. Body - Switched to a bidet. No more TP! Saves me $40 (in future years. first year pays for the bidet)
    Wasn't it cheaper/easier to get a toilet sprayer?

heydude
    the bidet was 40 bucks, so not really.

Heydude, that is fantastic savings, glad for you!!!

Yes that is awesome! I'm a lurker when it comes to information like that. I found out that our older washing machine (top loader) uses up a lot more kW/year than the newer front loader that use between 17 and 25 kW/year, so now I'm saving and doing overtime to get me one of those (wondering how much that is going to save). Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Juicifer View Post
    I found out that our older washing machine (top loader) uses up a lot more kW/year than the newer front loader that use between 17 and 25 kW/year, so now I'm saving and doing overtime to get me one of those
    Juicifer, if you pay for water, you'll find the front-loader will use 1/3 to 1/2 the water of your top-loader and a corresponding lower amount of detergent -- more savings!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information