Thread: Quiet: The Power of Introverts

Quiet: The Power of Introverts

I checked out the book, Quiet: the Power on Introverts by Susan Cain from the library. It was a very good read, but unfortunately I had to skim the last half to return it before the due date. The author has a good TED talk on the subject that I enjoyed. Since there seems to be a fair amount of self-confessed introverts on the forum, I thought a few might be interested in giving it a listen.

http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_...ntroverts.html

DH and I both really enjoyed this book. I found it enlightening on many levels. Thanks for the link - I'll watch it while walking on the treadmill!

Sounds good. I'll have to order it from the library...

I really liked it. So many times being an introvert is confused with being shy. It provides great definitions.

That's a book I've been meaning to read - thanks for the reminder!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

I got this from the library recently too!

Although I am introverted to an extent, my partner is moreso. It's really helped me to better understand certain aspects of his disposition.

I recently heard about this book. Thanks for the reminder that I wanted to read it!

Like many of you I struggle because I am surrounded by extroverts and they absolutely drain me. And they don't respect my need for quiet. Learning about my personality was very helpful and many of those book recommendations on introverts were from these forums (thank you!). And thank you for the ted talk rec as well!

Loved this book. For the first half of my life I thought I was some kind of freak because of my introversion. It was a tremendous relief to finally learn that I'm just a personality type, perfectly normal.

I read this book when it first came out. I'm an extrovert, but I've surrounded myself with introverts. Reading this book definitely helped me to understand the introverts in my life a bit better!

Thread Information