Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who else loves Firefly?

Yes, Rutting! Thanks bae! That's the cussing I was trying to remember, that I'm going to use ongoing. That's the Firefly word I was looking for. I am going to be a ladylike cusser for the next 10 or so years, using cusswords that only cool people such as myself and other Firefly-those-in-the-know know.

You rutting idiot. You need rutt-splapped. Rutt! I can't believe you said that! That rutting alco-condenser.....I lack imagination right now, but it will work tomorrow. bae, help me. We'll start a new lexicon of cussing. 100 years from now they will be wondering where we came up with these cusswords. They would laugh if they knew we started with a TV show that we loved.

I think we could do this.....

Rutting doesn't seem to have quite the same versatility, does it? It seems to be mostly an adjective... But I'm sure we can work on it! (I have seen 'frak' show up in unrelated contexts, since BSG started that.)

I recently wound up with an album of folk-style songs mostly inspired by Firefly/Serenity. The artist is Marian Call; I particularly liked "Vera Flew The Coop" (the origin of the name of Jayne's favorite gun), and "It Was Good For You Too" (Mrs. Reynolds, whatever her name was). Both on youtube, although I can't get there at the moment...

Mer: I just have enjoyed 3 playings of "Vera Flew the Coop". Ruttin' awesome music. Thank you for the link. Going now for your other one.....

Mer05--Thanks for sharing about Marian Call. I had not heard of her, but after checking her out on youtube (she is fabulous!), I am convinced that the "Got to Fly" album will be the perfect Christmas gift for my DH (a self-proclaimed geek who loves this style of music). The only problem is I can't seem to find a CD, only MP3s. Any ideas as to where I might be able to get my mitts on a hard copy? I'd like for him to have something tangible to open...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Not sure. But if you'll settle for Battlestar Galactica or Farscape it would be 'frack' and 'frell'. You would conjugate those in the following manner: frack, fracking, fracked and frell, frelling, frelled.
    Farscape - Forgot about that one. One of my favorites. I also say "Frack" but couldn't remember where it came from. Several others. I also have a whole series of words from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe books I use occasionally. Froody being one. Hoopy being another. And "Do you know where your towel's at" being another. As in "You are one froody dude who really knows where is towel's at. Hoopy!" Too bad the movie was so so so terrible as the books were great.
    Last edited by Spartana; 11-17-12 at 6:10pm.

OK well I am looking for another old sci fi series I loved from the early '90's. It had the hunky Adrian Whatshisface guy from The Highlander but he was battling aliens in some kind of semi-post apocalyptic world. It lasted for a few years if I remember correctly. Anyone know it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartana View Post
    Anyone know it?
    War of the Worlds?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Spartana View Post
    OK well I am looking for another old sci fi series I loved from the early '90's. It had the hunky Adrian Whatshisface guy from The Highlander but he was battling aliens in some kind of semi-post apocalyptic world. It lasted for a few years if I remember correctly. Anyone know it?
    Adrian Paul was in "Tracker" where he hunted alien convicts who were sent to Earth through a wormhole. Earth wasn't post apocalyptic, but the aliens' planets might have been. it's on Netflix as "Alien Tracker.

War of the Worlds - That's it! Sort of a latter day version years after the initial attack. I remember it sort of got darker and grittier the more the aliens took over.

I don't think I've ever seen "Alien Tracker" but sounds interesting. Can you get all these on Netflicks? We'll be getting home internet in the new place (no more hanging at the library with the crazy homeless folks on a rainy day like today - I'll miss that :-)!) so can do streaming videos then. Lots to catch up on. Can't wait to see Firefly again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog Lin View Post
    And Simon and Caley (spelling?) -
    Kaylee. It was spelled that way over her bunk

Thread Information