Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Repurpose ideas/suggestions?

Smile Repurpose ideas/suggestions?

I recently had a brainstorm... and it worked great. It was to buy a boot tray and put my large dog's dishes in it. It works GREAT and it looks good too. No more wet floors!

Mrs-M
    One "repurpose" I did (after my kids got out of diapers) was repurpose the old plastic diaper pail into a garbage pail. Another was re-purposing a good number of the old diapers into household wipers.

I think Hubby is the best repurposer around. He found an old airplane at the town dump that was for sale. It had crashed at a local airport and was stripped of anything salvagable. All that was left was the body which was cut into 3 pieces. Hubby bought the plane, put it back together, put in some seats, wheels and a new plastic windshield. Someone donated old broken plane instruments and Hubby put those in too. *S* After giving the plane a very cool paint job, he then hooked the tail of the plane up to our windmill. When the wind blows, the windmill turns and the tail of the plane is lifted up and down. Kids love to play in it! They can turn the knobs and pretend they are flying. The only problem we have is explaining why it won't go when it isn't windy. Kids don't understand it is wind powered. *grin* So not only is it repurposed, it is also green.

So cute, green and fun.....

Not as big a project but I just repurposed a lovely corduory skirt that I made 10 years ago that never fit......
    The fabric matches my living room chairs so I recovered two worn old back cushion with the material.

In the past I have recovered cushions with all types of skirts of different fabrics (I have had a weight gain issue over the years)
    beautiful fabric, some with buttons down the front or pleating detail.

I know I have many more but can't think of them right now..

Wow... Ingenious ideas!

danna: I really love the idea of using fabric from skirts, etc. to recover furniture. Wish I could sew. *sigh*

Mrs-M
    Super duper ideas everyone!

Hattie. Without incriminating the whereabouts as to where exactly you live (reside), does the community (place) start with the letter "J" and end with the letter "Y"? (Seven letter name)?

Anyhow, love the airplane! What a kid magnet that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs-M View Post
    Super duper ideas everyone!

Hattie. Without incriminating the whereabouts as to where exactly you live (reside), does the community (place) start with the letter "J" and end with the letter "Y"? (Seven letter name)?

Anyhow, love the airplane! What a kid magnet that would be.
    Hi Mrs-M - Nope that's not where we live. Our community starts with a "C". *S* Yes the kids love to visit and go for a ride. Even some of the Mom's and Dad's will climb inside. *S*

Mrs-M
    Originally posted by Hattie.
    Hi Mrs-M - Nope that's not where we live. Our community starts with a "C".
    LMAO!

Love the plane! We re-purpose lots of stuff. My favorite is our small patio table- the top broke, and its replacement is an old (decommissioned, legally acquired) stop sign. Our front porch planter is a small water tank, cut in half lengthwise. Our bird-bath, in the summer, is a trashpicked metal smoking stand topped with a glass bowl or metal basin. We have several small outside tables, sitting in little niches with chairs - one is a wire milk crate, topped with a patio block, and another is a base for a standing sink, with a grindstone as table top. All dragged home from someone else's trash, of course!

Thread Information