Thread: Twin Cities meet-up

Twin Cities meet-up

Hi all -
    wondering if everyone is off from work on Monday 1/21? If not, how are 1/19-20?

Meeting in January necessitates an indoor location. Add your ideas to this thread...
    - The Bell Museum is free on Sundays, and I believe parking is also free. It's a good place for kids to run around and explore while adults supervise and talk.
    - The Minneapolis Institute of Arts is always free/by donation.
    - Como Zoo/Conservatory is always free/by donation and has a cafeteria where we could sit, bring lunch, and talk.
    -Most other museums have rather steep admission fees but many do have cafeterias where we could bring our lunches and chat after seeing the exhibits.
    -Silverwood Park in St Anthony was proposed as the previous location for a summer meeting. The cafe there is open daily 9-5.
    - We could meet at a restaurant for lunch.
    - Midtown Global Market has a lot of seating areas where we could meet, and is a good indoor space for walking around. It's sometimes rather loud inside though, so not always a great place for conversation.
    - I've never been to the Hmong marketplace in St Paul so don't know if that would be a good location?
    - Landmark Center has some free exhibits. Not sure if there is a free indoor meeting space or tables?

This far ahead I can pretty much clear any date, so any of those should work for me.

I like all of your suggestions, so I'll wait to see what others suggest. Another bit of info for Silverwood (I used to work there) is that you can also bring your own food to the cafe seating area. It's technically considered separate from the cafe.

The Como Conservatory is always beautiful and I love ethnic food and museums, so all of those sound like a lot of fun.
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

I always like bowling!
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

Yeah, bowling is good!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Bummed that I will miss the chance to meet up with all of you! I'll be back in the Twin Cities over the holidays to see my family, but it's unlikely I'll be back in January when you are gathering. Perhaps next time, though!!!

What dates will you be here cdttmm?
    My blog: www.sunnysideuplife.blogspot.com

Guess why I smile? Because it's worth it. -Marcel the Shell with Shoes

Thread Information