Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would Donald Trump Make a Good President?

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA

Would Donald Trump Make a Good President?

Donald Trump has recently said he would decide by this June whether he will run for president in 2012. If he does run, do you think he would help the needs of the average citizen or help more his fellow millionaires and billionaires? Would he get your vote? Could he beat President Obama?
    peaceful, easy feeling

I certainly wouldn't vote for a cartoonish character like Trump.

Oh geez............is he serious?

Sorry, but I'd have to emigrate if he were elected.

Probably make a better one that "W" or the present Governor of Texas. But in reality I think most of the present candidates are from the same mold. We need an "awakening" and I don't mean that in a biblical sense.

Peace

I am not sure I could get past the hair!

BUT, I have heard him in a couple different interviews where they mostly talked political issues and was actually kinda - okay - A LOT surprised on his knowledge of many of the current issues of the day -- and his opinions/solutions/etc.

Though right off the top of my head I can't think of them at the moment, but there was just this feeling of amazment that first he was considering the run AND I was interested in learning more of what he had to say!

I think anyone who would want to go through that process has to have a BIG EGO and he certainly can check that one off the list!!

With his two very public divorces, bimba wives, his bankruptcies and other odd financial dealings, I doubt he would make it past both the religious right or the fiscal conservatives in the GOP. To be president, you have to gain the nomination via the various state primaries and then the convention. I doubt Mr Trump would be able to do that.

Of course voters will forgive almost any transgression of someone in their own political party, so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxboy View Post
    Sorry, but I'd have to emigrate if he were elected.
    I'm already learning Canadian in case I have to flee, eh.

No. He can't even produce a good reality teevee show.

Just today I was thinking of all of the reality tv shows I liked and while season 1 of The Apprentice was a lot of fun, the one following were dull and now it's just awful. The other reality tv show I liked was Survivor season 1. Project Runway has been the only one that didn't bore me after multiple seasons. So accoding to that criteria, Heidi and Tim Gunn can run for PRes and co-pres.

So accoding to that criteria, Heidi and Tim Gunn can run for PRes and co-pres.
    Good thing Don't Ask, Don't Tell has been repealed.

Project Runway is about the only reality show I enjoy. Never have watched the Apprentice. Oh, and I've enjoyed some of Dancing with the Stars. Guess this is too much thread drift.... Sorry about that.

Back to our regularly scheduled soap opera - The Donald - Will he run? Would he make a good president? Will he restyle his hair alla Giuliani? Marry an even younger woman? Go bankrupt again? Inquiring minds want to know... Tune in to this same station next year - we'll know much more then.

Thread Information