Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Would Donald Trump Make a Good President?

As the saying goes, "Everyone has a purpose........even if it's to set a horrible example".

I'm trying to understand many of his followers. I'm not sure what the motivation is. Are they just rebellious and Trump is encouraging them? Are they people who have inflexible minds and once they choose something/someone, they are theirs forever?
    I'm having a hard time understanding them. Now don't go making me sound like I'm saying ALL Trump voters are like that. I think a lot of them really thought he could change things for them, in a good way. What I don't understand is how, after awhile of listening to him and seeing how egotistical and self-serving and hateful and immature he is, they don't change their minds about him? That makes me think a lot of them are just getting off on him giving them permission to be obnoxious and hateful.

I can't believe what he said about if the Dems win in November.......that they will quickly and violently reverse all the changes he's made. Violently? I think that was a 'dog whistle' to get his base all worked up, and to let Dems know there would be violence if they did reverse things. There's always a reason why he says everything he does. It may not make sense to many of us, but it's a convoluted way of him directing things to go the way he wants.............total hateful narcissist that he is.

Remember, he's totally in thrall to Putin (as a "useful idiot"), whose goal is to sow chaos*. Putin must be fairly orgasmic with glee over how this turned out. And with the GRU hacking critical election software, he may yet reach his most treasured goal--to be a dictator, with total power.

*Intelligence officers suspect there's more in his background than incontinent hookers...

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Remember, he's totally in thrall to Putin (as a "useful idiot"), whose goal is to sow chaos*. Putin must be fairly orgasmic with glee over how this turned out. And with the GRU hacking critical election software, he may yet reach his most treasured goal--to be a dictator, with total power.

*Intelligence officers suspect there's more in his background than incontinent hookers...
    Just wondering, how intelligent are these intelligence officers who can’t produce a meaningful shred of evidence to support this narrative the media has been selling advertising with? If Trump finishes his first term and gets re-elected.....will you still buy this horse hockey? It was pointed out by the previous President that hacking critical election software in the US is impossible. These are the same agencies that were mistakenly certain Saddam had WMDs poised to use against the world but they can’t prove Trump has a urine fetish. What a crock.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Just wondering, how intelligent are these intelligence officers who can’t produce a meaningful shred of evidence to support this narrative the media has been selling advertising with?
    It seems to me that the people in positions to have access to the alleged information would not be in a position to disclose anything specific to the media. Well, without subletting Chelsea Manning's cell.
    Last edited by bae; 9-3-18 at 2:34am.

I’m curious about the no shred thing. I mean, heck, trump has pretty much confessed to everything. And i suspect Mueller knows a lot more than i do. The real question is whether trump’s followers will continue to screech ‘fake news!’ After mueller spells it all out in painful, irrefutable detail.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I’m curious about the no shred thing. I mean, heck, trump has pretty much confessed to everything. And i suspect Mueller knows a lot more than i do. The real question is whether trump’s followers will continue to screech ‘fake news!’ After mueller spells it all out in painful, irrefutable detail.
    The use of the words “pretty much”. And “I suspect” are words you’d hate to hear on a witness stand. I suspect your Testimony would pretty much be disregarded.

Every few weeks for the past two years, and I'm quite serious about this, I see a headline or hear the words "President Trump," and for fraction of a second I experience this weird feeling of disconnectedness from reality. Can this actually be happening? I ask myself. And then, after that fraction of a second passes, I realize: Yes, this is really happening.

I haven't yet found a satisfactory term in psychology to explain these mental blips. The closest I've come is cognitive dissonance, but I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. Words like shock or incredulity don't seem right, since those are ongoing states and this feeling only lasts for the barest fraction of a second. I guess it could be compared to the emotion you'd feel if you saw something in the sky you thought was a weather balloon and then realized it was actually a UFO.

I'm still having a hard time believing this is happening. To my dying day, the words "President Trump" will never stop sounding bizarre together. Unless perhaps, they are eventually replaced by "prisoner Trump."

I feel the same way, oldhat. Even though this image is "funny"......it is so appropriate. (I think one has to be older to understand it). But it's perfect.

White-House-Oval-Office-Twilight-Zone.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    The use of the words “pretty much”. And “I suspect” are words you’d hate to hear on a witness stand. I suspect your Testimony would pretty much be disregarded.
    It’s pretty much a given that Bob Mueller is aware of this. And I suspect that the witnesses wont be using either phrase.

I think the phrase "the noose is tightening" is appropriate here. There are many elements involved, and these acts go back decades. Everyone who knows him believes that Mueller is meticulous and fair--if only he isn't cut off at the knees by our Defendant in Chief.

Thread Information