Thread: Aromatherapy microwavable thingies?

Aromatherapy microwavable thingies?

I'm looking for one of those hot packs (or whatever they are called) that have herbs or beans or *something* in them. You can put them in the microwave and then on your sore neck, back, etc. I've seen ones with buckwheat hulls and flax seeds. I'd prefer something with a washable cover.

Can anybody recommend a good brand or type?

thanks !

Oh dear...I thought this would be something easy!

They are simple to make. I have one I made several years ago and it still works great. I can microwave it for maybe 2 minutes and it holds the heat for about 30 minutes! Mine was made with polenta and herbs (lavender and mint as I recall). The polenta has a moist feeling when hot so that makes the recommended moist heat, but you could also use rice, small beans etc. Sew up a square or rectangle, fill with the herbs and polenta (or whatever you decide to use), then sew it closed. Make a slightly larger cover to go over it with ties so you can take it off and wash it when you need to. Not hard or expensive to make. Flannel makes a nice soft cover - maybe repurpose an old flannel pillowcase. Just cut it to size and hem.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Thread Information